D40 Audio system removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscoe07

Reaction score
I have a manual fo rthe D40 but there are no instructions for removing the radio. Does anyone have a diagram so I can do it without breaking anything?

What model?

Although I think most models are fairly similar and you just have to take the center piece of the console out which is all clipped in except for those models that have the tray on the top of the dash which has a screw under the tray.

Hey mate it is really easy..
pop the small panel off on the top of the dash above the radio.. The one where you can sit your keys or phone etc.
Then remove the 2 screws inder that cover that hold the surround on. Hen carefully pull the surround off. It may be tight but it is only held on with plastic clips
Unplug all the electical plugs for the a/c etc.
The radio itself is held in with 4 screws.

Lift and remove the top tray above the radio then under there are 2 screws holding the face of the panel down.. Remove them then you can pull it off as its all held in by clips.. Then you can remove the plugs from your climate control, hazard and 4x4 switch off then you should have access to remove the radio from there..

Lift and remove the top tray above the radio then under there are 2 screws holding the face of the panel down.. Remove them then you can pull it off as its all held in by clips.. Then you can remove the plugs from your climate control, hazard and 4x4 switch off then you should have access to remove the radio from there..

Fuk me I must type slow, there's already 2 posts lol

Thanks guys its an 07 model. I prob would not have looked under that tray for screws. Thanks again.

There is several threads on the topic, one is a 2010 model I think and I did one for an 09 but I can't remember how many steps I provided or the name of the thread.

Easy take tray off top I used screwdriver to pry gently.
Uscrew screw at top centre.
Now pried from bottom just above switch blanks.
The plastic surrounds are held in with 6 clips
2 bottom, 2 middle, 2 very top (can see from top)
You then remove 2 screw on bracket to stereo and pull out

Latest posts

Back