D22 YD 25 stalls and slow revs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigh

Reaction score
I have the yd 25 motor, cars seem to start ok but then in can stall straight away like the key has been turned off, then you can start it again all seems fine, give it a rev and all is on but then to give it another rev it revs very slowly and might not even pass 1200 rpm, put it a brand new mass sensor today and still same thing, I can even unplug the mass sensor and nothing changes. I’m at a loss, any ideas would be great before I get it towed somewhere

the more i read the more i realize there is many issues ,air in fuel delivery, one of many sensors, blocked pdf , egr etc etc(fault code sort of gives you a start) :search this forum : good luck

This could be explained by a dirty/faulty suction control valve, but it's a D22 so I'm not sure if it has one. Cleaning the fuel system (with something like either Liqui Moly Fuel System Treatment, or Liqui Moly Diesel Purge) might yield some positive results, but the SCV may need to be replaced.

It could be something else too - there are a couple of components on the fuel rail that might do it, but injector cleaner is cheap and never hurts and might do the trick.

I had a start then stop problem after the ute had sat overnight. Then after a turning over for a few seconds it would restart then be fine. The only other issue was the motor would die momentarily after turning a right hand corner.

The solution was replacing the primer pump on the fuel filter as it would have been a hole in the diaphragm.

So a bit of a update, not to sure what’s happened but car seems a little better, car will start and idle ok now, give it a few revs up to 4000 and then it dies, starts up again fine idles ok give it just a little rev and it’s starts idle real rough, so I pump the fuel filter and comes good, stop pumping and a couple of seconds later rough again then pump comes good, have replaced filter and same thing, what else should I check next ?

Back