D22 towbar brackets

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradm84

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a genuine towbar on my d22 with the chrome step. I have since taken the step off and sold both the towbar and step. I now have bought a used genuine towbar off a DX model for a steal but that didn't include the chassis brackets or bolts...
Thinking I could easily just buy the brackets for it from Nissan or Nizzbits I bought the bar. I have had no luck buying the brackets as Nissan apparently only make enough brackets for the number of bars they make.
Has anyone else bought a bar without brackets? And how did you go about getting some?
I was thinking it will be simple to get them made up but will need to know the thickness of the plate that needs to be used, can someone please measure the thickness of their chassis brackets and let me know, that would be awesome!

Thanks heaps

Pretty sure the standard plates are 6mm. Can't exactly measure mine cause I can't get to them lol, but that's what they look like just eyeballing them...

Pretty sure the standard plates are 6mm. Can't exactly measure mine cause I can't get to them lol, but that's what they look like just eyeballing them...
Hey mate, yeah I was thinking 6mm too thanks for having a look

Go the overkill and you can put a couple of holes to put d shackles in.. 12mm.
Now that is a brilliant idea, could extend the plate out from the chassis a bit with the holes in, will save having to get a hitch receiver to get a recovery point... Thanks for the idea mate!

How did you go with the brackets? can you post a pic of what you ended up using pls.

How did you go with the brackets? can you post a pic of what you ended up using pls.
Hey mate, I only just got around to making some brackets today...
Ended up buying some 10mm steel angle from a scrap metal place for $10. Needed 2 pieces, 550mm long each. Then just had to cut to shape using a cardboard template I made and drill the holes and paint. Pretty much looks exactly like the original Nissan ones I had. The originals were only 6mm thick I believe but I could only find 10mm thick today...

Here's the angle as I bought it and the templates for the two sides.

uploadfromtaptalk1431152336244.jpg

Here is one of the brackets just after I had cut it and started grinding the surface rust off.

uploadfromtaptalk1431152356470.jpg

Finished and painted, will be fitting up on Monday once I go buy some high tensile bolts. The original brackets used m12 sized bolts (6 per bracket) so I'll go with that size too.

uploadfromtaptalk1431152412290.jpg

Back