D22 Rear door speakers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have installed two six by nines in the rear doors with custom spacers all new wiring running under the carpet to an amp had to space the window track out massive noise now with two eight inch subs behind the seats

Yeah,
some pics would be good.

I'm thinkin the speakers stick out past the door trims?

no pics as of yet yer they sit in 15mm mdf was the only way to stop the door trims from vibrating will take some soon and put them up

One of the first things I did was fit rear speakers to my MY08 D22.
Quite easy.

I had to make a little rough template up. Used some cheap speakers 8" (it's just so the kids can hear!). I used 4-6mm MDF (cut 2 at once) and wired to existing plugs.

Since the speakers fit inside the width of the standard grills, I was able to use
a pile of washers to raise the speaker off the mdf and in to the grill space.
I just brought standard speakers but did keep the overall depth in mind.
I didn't think the speaker would fit until I spaced it out and even then had my doubts, but all was good.

Now the tackle the next problems: interior light switch for each door,
keyless entry. Surely all these things should be standard these days.
Even tradies work at night Nissan! (conveniently omitted in the marketing
brochures and by the salesman) grrrr. But not worth the extra $8-9k!!

not hooked up

hi mate, i have 03 str, it had wires to where rear speakers are meant to go.
the wires end at the 2nd plug behind head unit. in my opinion, head unit is crap and so is the wiring, i put new head unit in, and ran new upgraded wires to front and rear speakers. btw, i didnt put rear speakers behind grill in door, i put them forward of the grill so i could use a decent speaker.
i have splits in the front and 6 inch in the back.

cheers,
jamie
________
HotFasion cam

Last edited:
hey guys

this has prolly been answered before but what is the MAX size u can fit in the front doors? ( 2006 STR ) i was thinking 6.5inch.

and i have spare Focal 6x9 inch so il try mount that in the back somehow lol. then a custom sub box along with an amp..should take awhile.

any ideas on the 6x9 in the read?

I put Alpine SPS-600's in the front without a problem, they are actually a 6.75"speaker but fit a 6.5" space just fine.

rear speakers

Just in the middle of fitting a set had to buy additional plug for rear of factory head unit and wire in from head unit to rear door pillar . Fitting slim line 6inch speakers and go to a good adido shop and purchase plug for $10 .spacers made up from mdf and cover with black trim join under spacer looks like factory

hey navvy06, how deep are ur 6x9s in the back? my focal are arnd 100mm deep and having heaps of trouble gettin them to fit anywhere. might have to sell them and buy the same size you used?

Hi Fella's

I am going to up grade the radio and speakers in the next few weeks with a kenwood radio and pioneer speakers.Front speakers are Pioneer TSA1683S.Rear speakers are Pioneer TSA1673S.Radio is Kenwwod KDC-U446

Shane

i just got a crazy idea that i think just might work for the deep 6x9s in the back.

call me crazy but here it goes

Move the arm rest up 170mm because thats the deepest spot (that i know of) and mount the 6x9s in place of the original arm rest, the speaker should cover those 2 screw holes and then you will have awesome speakers blasting in your..rib cage :)

easier way guys?

Hi Fella's

I am going to up grade the radio and speakers in the next few weeks with a kenwood radio and pioneer speakers.Front speakers are Pioneer TSA1683S.Rear speakers are Pioneer TSA1673S.Radio is Kenwwod KDC-U446

Shane

be sure to include some pics, especialy the rear door install.

just purchased myself a pioneer DEH-4150SD , Kicker 6.5" 2 way speakers (front), Kicker 6" splits (rear doors), and a JLAudio 250w mono block amp
only installed the head unit and fronts so far, and the spacers i got are smaller than the hole in the door (so back to the stereo store).
should hopefully be all in next weekend
i dont think there are any wires in the rear doors for the speakers in my 05 D22

cheers

just purchased myself a pioneer DEH-4150SD , Kicker 6.5" 2 way speakers (front), Kicker 6" splits (rear doors), and a JLAudio 250w mono block amp
only installed the head unit and fronts so far, and the spacers i got are smaller than the hole in the door (so back to the stereo store).
should hopefully be all in next weekend
i dont think there are any wires in the rear doors for the speakers in my 05 D22

cheers

Hey R1DG3Y, why are you putting the better speakers in the rear? you are going to get much less benefit that way. you dont go and see a band and turn your back on them. plus in the Nav they will be blasting into the rear seat base.
you will be much better off putting the splits in the front. also, did you get a subwoofer? you didn't mention it, but you have a mono block amp so i'm assuming you did. what sort / size etc.

cheers.

oh didnt realise that. the 2 way kickers i stuck in the front rattle the door cards as is, and im not sure how too stop that. will change them and see what happens.
nah didnt get a sub, the guy said i should run the speakers off the amp to get better quality.

oh didnt realise that. the 2 way kickers i stuck in the front rattle the door cards as is, and im not sure how too stop that. will change them and see what happens.
nah didnt get a sub, the guy said i should run the speakers off the amp to get better quality.

Sounds like the salesman in off his chops:stupido2:. Monoblock amps (is this what you have? JL Monoblock?) are internally bridged giving them one channel of output. they are made to be high power sub-woofer amps that are easy to install for the average punter. (hard to stuff up the wiring and bridging). i'd be taking it back and swapping it for a reasonable 2 channel if you just want to run 2 speakers, or a 4 channel if you want a sub down the track too.

to stop the rattling i used Dynamat to sound deaden the doors. It's damn expensive but bloody good stuff. if you install it right. this is how i installed mine.
iphone_164.JPG

yeah sorry mate it isnt a monoblock just a JL 250w 2 channel, still not sure wheather i need it tho, also considering a 10" or 12" slim line sub behind the rear seat
and yeah father-in-law suggested i put a deadener between the door cards

well tonite i changed the fronts to splits and head unit is in and finished including running the ipod cord to center console

cheers Will you have been a great help mate

Last edited:
to stop the rattling i used Dynamat to sound deaden the doors. It's damn expensive but bloody good stuff. if you install it right. this is how i installed mine.
iphone_164.JPG

Will did you do both inner and outer sections of the door skin with Dynamat? I;m not sure if its the door trim or main door skin etc that vibrates when the sound is turned up a bit.:sad:

the audio guys seem obsessed with running speakers off amps. I mean yeah sure if you're really pedantic and listen to your music very loud then you should, but for most people, running them off a new-ish head unit will be fine. Most head units these days are punching out 50-60w per channel which is plenty for most mid-range speakers and most listeners alike. I have a Fusion iPod head unit, fusion 6.5" splits front, and fusion 6.5" 2 ways in the rear doors, all running off the head unit, and I have a Focal BUS25 10" slimline subwoofer behind the back seat - the system goes very well and sounds very clean and punchy at the highest level at which you would want to listen to music.

I think the whole "you have to run speakers off an amp" thing is just an old wive's tale from the era when head units were putting out 20-30 watts. That's my opinion anyway

Latest posts

Back