D22 Injector replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taurus1950

Reaction score
First time Dinosaur on the Forum. My 2006 3.0ltr ST-R owned from new has done 195000K's. The first 5 years of ownership was under ORIX lease and my local Nissan dealer was "supposed" to do all necessary service. I understand that at 200000K's I need to fit new Injectors. My question is Can I purchase these off the net (Ebay) either Aus , America or Malaysia etc or am I better of purchasing from an Aus dealer for warranty etc. Also do I need any types of seals , washers, "O" rings etc to carryout the replacement. I am very capable to carry outwork on a petrol engine but never touched a diesel, Is it a simple task to undertake.
Secondly a friend advised I fit an EGR blanking plate to improve the life of my oil and engine. For the last 2 years I have done regular oil and filter changes at 5000K's or there about. I am a "Nomad" on the road and tow my 3000kg caravan with the Navara. I have a Steinbaur chip with 3" exhaust and snorkel fitted apart from that the vehicle is standard. Your knowledge and assistance would be greatly appreciated. John...

I assume you have the ZD30 then? To go with the EGR blank plate I would recommend installing a catch can. Most people use the provent 200, it is pricey but the filtering system is good quality and replaceable (70000km). This filter is placed between the PCV outlet from your crankcase to your intake just before the turbo, generally oil vapour travels down this normally patent pipe and then they combine with the EGR soot and gunk up the internal parts of your air intake manifold. If you are worried you intake manifold may already be gunking up (looks like vegemite/tar) I have done a how-to here http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=25427 on cleaning it, it's relatively simple it just takes some time.

Sorry I am no help on injectors.

Also, if you decide to install a provent 200 most people just attach a drain hose which they can see easily and drain when necessary (takes a bit of time to get a noticeable amount of oil in the drain hose) via a tap on a clear hose setup.

i don't recall any replacement time on the injectors. typically don't get changed till they are faulty. tho it certainly would be a good idea to pull them and get them checked.

Latest posts

Back