d22 go gutless after 3000rpm and sound like a electric aeroplane

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigger turbo:):)
3000rpm is outside of the peak power and torque of that motor. Not 100% but I would say that the sweet spot for the d22 is 2000-3000 rpm range.

Diesel engines are designed for more torque than power (kW) they don't need to be revved.

Does anyone else's d22 hit 3000rpm then whine like a bitch and go gutless and wat can fix this

could be quite a few things. from turbo failing, fuel issues etc.
what motor is it?
anything being done to the motor?

i would check turbo for play and also replace air filter. check intake has not got something stuck in it.

Bigger turbo:):)
3000rpm is outside of the peak power and torque of that motor. Not 100% but I would say that the sweet spot for the d22 is 2000-3000 rpm range.

ZD30's hit max boost at 3000rpm

could be quite a few things. from turbo failing, fuel issues etc.
what motor is it?
anything being done to the motor?

i would check turbo for play and also replace air filter. check intake has not got something stuck in it.

Dunno it's done it since I bought it new in 2013 no engine mods it's not a big deal was just driving mates hilux (it is a 3ltr tho)end it just keeps going to till it red lines was wondering if anyone had got more out of the d22

If u regularly need to rev past 3000rpm than a diesel 4x4 is the wrong car for u.

Dunno it's done it since I bought it new in 2013 no engine mods it's not a big deal was just driving mates hilux (it is a 3ltr tho)end it just keeps going to till it red lines was wondering if anyone had got more out of the d22
you have a YD25. bit gutless but should still rev out ok. check the intake and turbo. do a fuel filter change. also shake the gear stick when i does it in case its the old neutral switch problem.

If u regularly need to rev past 3000rpm than a diesel 4x4 is the wrong car for u.
these are not old tech slugs that only do 3k or narrow band high efficiency truck motors.
these are light diesels designed to rev. they will do 4k all day every day.

Last edited:
these are not old tech slugs that only do 3k or narrow band high efficiency truck motors.
these are light diesels designed to rev. they will do 4k all day every day.[/QUOTE]

But revving them doesn't get you anywhere. The power has just about gone by then!!

Tourque range is 1500 to 3000 rpm
Then from 3000 to 4500 rpm is you klw range
So from 1500 to 3000rpm is your max Tourqe any thing after that is your klw range wich max's out at 4500rpm anything past that ur just pushing the moto.
Thats what i have under stood

not sure with the others but zd30 has a 3000rpm to 3500rpm power band. max power at 3500rpm, max torque at 2000rpm. bit of a weird torque curve but chipping, exhaust etc helps fix that.
they are not a TD42 which is design more for low rpm. most light 4cyl diesels are designed for wide power band. for eg my toyota cruises at 3200rpm at 100km/h. the one i had before was the same. really good for going slow.

usually with the navara typical cruising is 1500-3000rpm. getting up to speed, especially with load, is 3500rpm shift. booting it is 4000rpm. on the hills under 3000rpm your screwed.

not sure with the others but zd30 has a 3000rpm to 3500rpm power band. max power at 3500rpm, max torque at 2000rpm. bit of a weird torque curve but chipping, exhaust etc helps fix that.
they are not a TD42 which is design more for low rpm. most light 4cyl diesels are designed for wide power band. for eg my toyota cruises at 3200rpm at 100km/h. the one i had before was the same. really good for going slow.

usually with the navara typical cruising is 1500-3000rpm. getting up to speed, especially with load, is 3500rpm shift. booting it is 4000rpm. on the hills under 3000rpm your screwed.
Lmao i remember my zd30 before the chip if i hit a hill in low rpm man it was a shit fight gettng it uo there lol

Mine is tuned to deliver a very strong pull of torque from just on boost@ 1250rpm to peak @2230rpm. Pulling fast gears without exceeding much more revs than that will result in huge acceleration much more than revving for the wank factor. The OP seems to have a immanent turbo failure if it's squealing on boost, I would look at excessive play and or wear on the fins.

Last edited:
Mine is tuned to deliver a very strong pull of torque from just on boost@ 1250rpm to peak @2230rpm. Pulling fast gears without exceeding much more revs than that will result in huge acceleration much more than revving for the wank factor. The OP seems to have a immanent turbo failure if it's squealing on boost, I would look at excessive play and or wear on the fins.

The OP seems to have a immanent turbo failure if it's squealing on boost, I would look at excessive play and or wear on the fins.[/QUOTE]

Funny that mines been squealing on boost for the last 150000ks haha, should check it one of these days!

you have a YD25. bit gutless but should still rev out ok. check the intake and turbo. do a fuel filter change. also shake the gear stick when i does it in case its the old neutral switch problem.
a yd25 will overtake a zd30 any day any time with whatever road or weather conditions you can think of ;)

Latest posts

Back