d22 front diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

googie

Reaction score
Has anyone any ideas to toughen up the front diff of a d22 ? After the long weekend ! I have blown another one and it is getting a tad expensive , love the D22 same cant be said about the poor quality of the diff !!!

Has anyone any ideas to toughen up the front diff of a d22 ? After the long weekend ! I have blown another one and it is getting a tad expensive , love the D22 same cant be said about the poor quality of the diff !!!

Mate how hard are you driving your D22 to blow it twice?

Or the rough driving of the owner !!!

I'll assume you have a ZD30 diesel which is fitted with the R180a front diff. If you really want to keep driving like you are now, you can try fitting an R200a front diff from a pathfinder/V6 Navara. Refer to joshy's buildup thread on 4wdaction for a bit of information on the process.

As Dion said go for the R200A from a VG30E powered Series 1 D22.

Same ratio as the ZD30 ratio's aswell.

The VG33E front diff housing can be used but the ratio is 4.636 and you need 4.375.

Dave.

3.9 to 1.

Not sure if Fuji heavy industries made a 3.9 in the R200A.

CA stands for C200, not sure what the A stands for.

Dave.

What would be the ratio on my 2008 rear diff? Comp plate states CA39.

Are all YD25 4x4 Navaras 3.9? I'm surprised by that information. I thought 3.9s only came in 4x2 Navaras and auto petrol Patrols.

Your engine must just tick over at highway speeds. Lucky bugger

As others have said, the r200 will fit with slight modification of cv's(you may/maynot need to).
But what are you doing to blow the diffs? what size tyres?
I had 35's on mine with the standard front diff and didnt blow one.. have a look at my build up to see the sort of stuff i wheel.

Are all YD25 4x4 Navaras 3.9? I'm surprised by that information. I thought 3.9s only came in 4x2 Navaras and auto petrol Patrols.

Your engine must just tick over at highway speeds. Lucky bugger

no. if i remeber rightly the first yd25 D22's used the old diff ratios. but then they went to the lower diffs, probably due to problems with people trying to take off with such a gutless engine ;)

If you go to a stronger diff, you'll probably just start busting CV's, their usually the weakest link.

Either do a Joshy, or choosing a different vehicle may be the best option in the long run.

This time i was taking it easy as i know how fragile they are ! Was driving down hill and it went pop !!! last time it cost me $1200 hundred for a complete new front diff from nissan , will prob be a bit more this time as that was two years ago

As others have said, the r200 will fit with slight modification of cv's(you may/maynot need to).
But what are you doing to blow the diffs? what size tyres?
I had 35's on mine with the standard front diff and didnt blow one.. have a look at my build up to see the sort of stuff i wheel.
only running 265/75/16 BFG Muddies nothing big

This time i was taking it easy as i know how fragile they are ! Was driving down hill and it went pop !!! last time it cost me $1200 hundred for a complete new front diff from nissan , will prob be a bit more this time as that was two years ago

Thought of calling a wreckers????? At $1200 a pop I would be! I've seen R180a's on ebay for $250.00 Thats nearly 5 BANGS worth!!!!

Gota be more to the story then that. how old was the diff, maybe the backlash wasnt set right. i didnt take it easy and didnt break one..

i picked up a recond r200 for less then that. i wouldnt bother with genuine

Latest posts

Back