Contaminated Fuel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am aware of that, but a longrange tank will get your further. Ie to the next truck stop or a bigger town etc.

NRMA nocked my cousin back on the exact same claim, saying that the fuel sample given showed algae.....BUT no water so the problem was from lack of service.....

As he did most servicing on his own, he never had a full service history..... so NOT COVERED, and he got the $6500 bill.

So we both use fuel doctor and pre filters now.

I guess if you want any hope of it being covered you need

1) a full service history

2) a fuel sample and apparently it must have water in it not just muck and algae.....

3) proof of where the fuel was bought

And from what happened with my cousin, if you miss one of those bbbzzzzz NOT COVERED

He had fuel receipts, sample, mechanic's report but still got shafted

Im with NRMA so i hope i dont have to test them on it.......... but i might be a little more prepared now.

i have a friend who just replaced injector pump on d 40 $3400
nrma picked up the bill after fuel sample and mechanics report
she did however threaten to go elsewhere if they didnt pay
she has 2 cars and house with nrma

Last edited:
Hi all, up-date to my original blog as follows.
Just a reminder of my situation, D40 went into limp mode, error code P0089 (fuel pump). My mechanic (West End Diesel) confirmed algae & rust. My insurance company (Vero) have been excellent. Claim approved within a few days, excess paid ($600), repairs (approx.. $8500 - see original blog) done (about two weeks). Got truck back on Wednesday. Running like a dream but as you would expect with basically a new fuel system. I will be using Fuel Doctor regularly from now one plus considering an additional filtering system (Fuel Manager but age old problem of space in engine bay).

Ian

Enquired today about my policy.
She said its a case by case depends on the circumstances....
It's a broker through Allianz has anyone heard about them coming to the game for a claim??

Latest posts

Back