Clunking noise when turning the steering wheel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, mentioned for the last 3 services at Nissan.
I disappear for 2-3K Km and then it's back again.

I can only hear it when turning from one side to the other on the spot or moving slowly ie reverse parking. Some times I can hear it when going over speed bumbs.

I suspect that Nissan knows what it is because after every service it is not there, I believe they are playing a waiting game until something breaks and then blame "improper use of vehicle".

Anyone on the same problem?
Anyone got it fixed?

Cheers

I had something similar, after some months I noticed that the power steering was low.

I have a D40 STX 2008 Spanish auto with 80,000 Milage.

I had my car serviced a month or so before that and there was no mention of power steering fluid being low.

I topped up the power steering fluid and gen a day or do later it was empty again. The steering was clucking and tight.

My mechanic said the seals in the the steering rack were blown, he sent the rack off for a rebuilt and a day later it can back good as new, with no trouble since, that was about middle november 2013

Hope this gives you some ideas

Last edited:
hi there Guys i think i have the same noise and have tracked it down to the steering balljoint and the torsion bar bolts rubbing on each other at full steer and gets very pronounced when u go over a bump ! I am currently trying to see if one could swop the steering knuckle joint out and insert them from the top rather than from the bottom, thus giving more clearance ! Any opinions on this ?

Latest posts

Back