Cheap D22s killing used prices?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I thought about trading in my 03 d22 st-r on Saturday because I wanted a new car with some warranty, some safety features (soft I know) etc.

Anyway I went to the local Nissan dealer to talk about a new d22 or newer d40 and got offered 7k. 7k on a ute that just had 4k of work done on the engine and 150000 k's on the clock.

Red book still says they are worth more etc and there is no way I'd trade in for that but the question I have is, is Nissan flogging off new d22s for 28k killing our resale?

Of course, it's relative.
The Nissan 370z was 79k in 2009 to 65k now 55k. So used went from 45k to 35k in 2 weeks.
Holden did the same. Look at VW etc etc. Sad but true.

Trade ins are never anything near the value of the car, to buy my Navara I had a 2008 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B with every option it could have, 45,000kms on it and I went to Nissan to trade it on the Navara they offered $16,000.

I sold the car Privately for $25,500 in 1 week.

Buying a Navara or a new Car is getting easier by the day with the choice of models and spec especially with the finance options a lot of Dealerships are now advertising its a joke.

Yep cars and trucks are becoming less expensive. I was toying with idea of my less than 3 y.o. Quite low K's King Cab in for a 4X4 wagon of some kind. With the latest D40's 38K or less drive away I'm to scared to even ask for a price. I'd loose so much in in a bit over 2 years it's just not worth it. An outrageously over priced canopy will be a less costly option.

Yeah I was amazed at their offer of 7k. Reckon they'd put it on the lot for 10990, which I'd bull.

I'll probably put it up for sale for 15 and see how I go, if I don't get a decent offer I'll just keep it. Its a great ute I just wanted something with a few safety features and the warranty wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, unfortunately they don't give a rats if you just spent 4k on the motor.

They'd just look at overall condition, think about whatever they can sell it for and take off a predefined percentage probably. If you're prepared to wait and deal with tyre kickers and idiots turning up, private sale is the only way to do it.

Yeah the idea was to not deal with people doing private sale but dealing with the car yards seems just as painful.

To be honest I'll more then likely just keep it. Get my bullbar, intercooler, exhaust and just love life haha

you will never get a good priced trade in from any car yard dealer, thats it.
sell private if you have the time to waite for the asked price your wanting and it will eventually happen. i bought my new 2013 str for 25k thanks to having an abn and i just only sold my other car which i had advertised on carsales for a good 3 months. so if you guys need finance for buying a newbie , do it and when you sell your other car the money can go straight into the finace re payment.

seven years ago I paid 33k for my d22. For them to have only changed 5k in 7 years and still identical bar the smaller motor is pretty good really... what other cars (besides patrol) even get sold for that long. D22 shape is 17 years old so its doing pretty well.

Which is why im looking at buying another one :devil:

I bought my 2014 D22 STR for $27k on 1% finance and its dirt cheap. Compare that to us buying a 2012 build/2013 compliance car done 26km wholesale for $20k its really not bad if you consider the car would be sold for $23990 drive away. Why would you pay more for a 2 year old car.... People wanting $10k for a 10yo car done 300km is really silly IMO but I see them on Carsales everyday

I bought my 2014 D22 STR for $27k on 1% finance and its dirt cheap. Compare that to us buying a 2012 build/2013 compliance car done 26km wholesale for $20k its really not bad if you consider the car would be sold for $23990 drive away. Why would you pay more for a 2 year old car.... People wanting $10k for a 10yo car done 300km is really silly IMO but I see them on Carsales everyday

I agree! I turn cars over regularly because of depreciation & my last trade in (2010 D22) sold for all but the same as I paid for my brand new D22 in 2013. Granted, he got an ARB canopy thrown in, but the car was almost out of factory warranty & had about 54K on the clock. (they got a very good car though, I'd babied it big time!)

don't forget they are also going head to head with ssangyong, mahindra and great wall.
why bother with worn 2nd hand utes when you can buy brand new cheaper with warranty.

i couldn't get them to budge on the 27990. theres no D22s in stock atm in most areas of nsw

Latest posts

Back