Can my head be fixed ??????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to drive to Carrum, I'll tig it up, but there is no guarantee it wont bend the head into a banana. It really needs preheating in a oven and then post cooled as well to control cracking.

C.I is one of the hardest materials to weld successfully.

If you want to drive to Carrum, I'll tig it up, but there is no guarantee it wont bend the head into a banana. It really needs preheating in a oven and then post cooled as well to control cracking.

Such a short drive to try fixing a cactus head, just do it.

Exactly Tony.. Krankin, Sorry if it came across differently ....

No worries..... my mistake.

No good ringing a general welding shop..You need to ring an engine/head reco place, or,
a drag racer/ engine builder etc.

My first choice would be....

Give Chev Offroad & Marine in Caulfield a ring and ask for Izzy or next his brother Sam.

If they can't/ too busy to do it, I'm sure Izzy can advise the best option or place to get it done.

Let us know how you get on.

At the end of it, i spose it depends how much you value that cyl head.

:cheers!:
Jim.

At the end of it, i spose it depends how much you value that cyl head.

:cheers!:
Jim.

For me its about not throwing away a perfectly good head cause nobody wants to take a chance on whats esentially a pretty straight forward repair. If somebody has the right gear, knowledge and experience its a 30 min job from start to finish. I am more than happy to slip somebody $50 - $100 cash to weld a stud into the head, no warranty no promises. Just need to find somebody who has equipment for anything other than alloy heads, experience and knowledge in this type of welding who is willing to put it to good use. Will give the boys at COME racing a call tomorrow...

Do you have the correct consumables for cast. I am happy to supply them if your happy to do the job. And if we require refreshments its my shout.

For me its about not throwing away a perfectly good head cause nobody wants to take a chance on whats esentially a pretty straight forward repair. If somebody has the right gear, knowledge and experience its a 30 min job from start to finish. I am more than happy to slip somebody $50 - $100 cash to weld a stud into the head, no warranty no promises. Just need to find somebody who has equipment for anything other than alloy heads, experience and knowledge in this type of welding who is willing to put it to good use. Will give the boys at COME racing a call tomorrow...

see how you go with Izzy 2moro and let us know the outcome.

Either way, I'm sure something can be arranged.

Ok..

is it a spare head or do you need it to get yor ute going for everyday use.

Ok..

is it a spare head or do you need it to get yor ute going for everyday use.

Its for the Wifes new 91 Terrano. The tappets were getting loud very quickly so I set out to adjust them. What I found was mushroomed tops on the valves and worn or brocken rockers. I ground the face of the rockers flat and re assembled it as it needs to get her to work every day. Its running Ok still but I need to do something soon before it shits itself. I am tempted to fit the set of rockers from the purchased head and hope the damaged valves dont destroy the new rockers, but I would like to fit the complete head exept for that broken bit...

Latest posts

Back