Bullbar Options for the 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieMark

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Picked up my 550 today and very happy with the improvements over my old 2006 D40...

I'm now looking to do a few mods with my priorities being new wheels/bigger tyres, lift kit/suspension and a front bar with probably a winch.

For a front bar I really don't want the full bullbar as I had on my old Nav and really just want a front bar without the tubing parts (maybe a winch bar).
I was hoping to get an ARB Sahara Bar and just not get the tubing parts such as this awesome looking truck...
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=19993

The problem is ARB don't make the Sahara bar for the 550. TJM have a similar "winch bar" but once again they don't make it for the 550.

Can anyone suggest any other options for me? There just doesn't seem to be too many options out there for the 550.

I spoke to the tyre shop about new wheels and he said best to get the lift kit done first to accommodate bigger wheels. I spoke with ARB re the lift kit and they said best to get the front bar and winch sorted first. It seems the first mod I need is the one I can't get!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you tried ironman? the 550 has a slightly wider chassis than a d40 thats probably the problem i would sort the bar and winch first so the new suspension can handle the extra weight and is set up correctly.

An option I am looking at is a custom bull bar from J&J Bullbars at springwood. Looking at this option as I need the bar to only protude a max of 50mm to still let it fit in the garage. Saw one of their bars like this on another D40 and it looked the goods. similar to their website photo in the nissan section on the white D40 (picture 11 of 12). cost was around $1800 from memory. All other options including xrox will protude too much out the front to be able to get the car undercover.

Last edited:
ecb bar are about the only ones that do a bar but don't think it is winch compatible.. also I think xrok ??? do a bar for the 550 looks like what you are after again unsure if it winch capable.. think it has to do with demand andf the way the front radiators ac and intercoollers are mounted...

Just updating this thread for people looking for Bullbar options for the V6 V9X engine STX's or 550's. Ironman have released a Commercial Deluxe bulbar for the 550, which is good value for money. Half price of the ARB.

See here.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=22195

image_zpsdf3c4de5.jpeg

f_zps7311aa54.jpeg

_

Last edited:
Guys,

I have a 2011 STX (not 550) and had it fitted with a genuine Nissan Envirobar (Made by Smart Bar) - Have a look at the Smart Bar web site for details - Unfortunately they have a "commercial arrangement" with Nissan and cannot supply direct.- I am very happy with my bar and has been 20,000 klm across Oz and Back via the Desert Tracks - Is fitted with Fyrlyts and 2 antennas - Advantage is weight and it can take winch if you buy the bracket - Minor scrapes do not mark it - If you are going to hit a cow, camel or the like it will not matter what bar you have - Check with your local 4WD shop as to the cost of a Smart Bar for similar vehicle and then negotiate with Nissan on price.

Latest posts

Back