Budget lift round two

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camo.b

Reaction score
So my parts collection is nearing completion....spc upper arms ($575 from US),king raised standard duty springs $150, budget extended shocks front and rear ($240 delivered from blupac)and some extended brake lines ($160 power brakes in adelaide)for all 4 corners just to be safe....all for a touch under $1200.did my research and phoned around talking to suppliers and hopfully it will all work out well.I have a existing spacer kit installed so everything goes under what's already there.not concerned bout cv angles as I'm pretty sure the will end up the same as standard just inverted downwards...if nissans happy to sell them like that I'm happy to raise it to the opposite. I'm getting excited!!

Piccy uploadfromtaptalk1371627930505.jpg

post up some pics when its swapped out , some before and after ones if you can , and don't get rid of your spacers just yet , you still might need them , seems a lot sag in a short time and the fix seems to be fitting a small spacer back into the set up , oh and do yourself a favor , spend the $ 40.00 and get the springs professionally fitted , i done mine and the danger is not worth the saving , and would NEVER do it again

Last edited:
So my parts collection is nearing completion....spc upper arms ($575 from US),king raised standard duty springs $150, budget extended shocks front and rear ($240 delivered from blupac)and some extended brake lines ($160 power brakes in adelaide)for all 4 corners just to be safe....all for a touch under $1200.did my research and phoned around talking to suppliers and hopfully it will all work out well.I have a existing spacer kit installed so everything goes under what's already there.not concerned bout cv angles as I'm pretty sure the will end up the same as standard just inverted downwards...if nissans happy to sell them like that I'm happy to raise it to the opposite. I'm getting excited!!

My 2" ironman lift kit was $1200.

Camo what is your current set up? Where did you source the UCA's from?

Uppers came from performancelifts.com but I later found 4x4parts.com had them for $45US cheaper...I got excited....
Will post up some before and after pics soon.I'm currently running 2.5 lift spacers in the front and 1.75 in the rear.with 33' muddies.I will be keeping those in but the fronts might get turned down a little on the lathe....I don't do many km just local wheeling hence the budget parts...if I do the simpson or cape I might rethink the setup but for now my 33's and the lift should keep the king cab from scraping its guts everywhere

Before...excuse the brother in law hiding in the tray.we were trialing the oem roof racks.
This is with 2.5 front and 1.75 rear and 33's uploadfromtaptalk1371630326678.jpg

Steve1961 i know what you mean with fitting the springs...total pain with the spring compressors....did one,got scared and built a jig for the second one.
Its a quick and dirty jig but it worked well
ysu4esyr.jpg
e9y7a4a5.jpg
ara9y9u3.jpg

how'd the spacers feel with the stock suspension? Im thinking about doing spacers or body lift so i can fit bigger tyres & then later do a suspension lift when the funds allow.

Only problem is the clunk from the original upper arms.apart from that it was a perfect start and reusable too so no money waisted.

So time has been a issue the past week and ive only just fitted the extended brake lines tonight...thats all.
Must say they guys at power brakes in adelaide did a fantastic job 125mm of extra length front and rear fitted like a dream.fronts could be a tad excessive but they are actually made so they lean away from the tyres...very happy and for $40 each too.
Did order some 240mm long ubolts from Cal offroad.spoke to a bloke named cal,he was extremly helpfull.plenty of tips and tricks.ubolts should be here tomorrow and ive managed to scrape together some time on the weekend for the rest of the fitout.

hey camo, i'd be careful running big blocks in the rear, can move around and put a lot of stress on the u-bolts, you really are better off putting in a set of new springs.

i'm very interested to know how the blupac stuff goes. had a guy at work put it in a patrol and said it was good - but it only drove on the black stuff. i opted to spend the extra and go bilsteins which i got all 4 landed from the states for $500!

Yes pretty acustomed to blocks from back in my V8 days.they were crap then im assuming
There not much better now.ive got ext shackles to so the blocks wont be 100mm or anything.mabee 50mm.

FAIL!!....not really but shocks are too short and the front springs are too high for fitting with the spacers i already have.
i think you really need to let the springs sag a bit before fitting the spacers.the shocks altho advertized as being extended length are really not...rears are 10mm longer than standard but the fronts are about 30mm longer than standards..had to craft a very dirty rear shock extension see pic below
so here are the good points about my parts...bluepac shocks ride really well in not carrying really any extra weight than standard...shocks and king springs/standard leafs make the car feel just a bit firmer than new...ie really comfortable...
SPC upper arms are magic .as per the fitting instructions i trimmed some of the strut tower edge so the rubber boots will clear.unless your running heaps of camber this wasnt really needed.no clearance problems now and no CLUNK.arms and front axle will now drop to a very extreme level,if the struts would let them.
rears i have 4" lift and oddles of droop with my additions...had to unclip the abs lines and the diff breather but all good once they were re routed.every thing was tested from full droop to full compression everything is happy under there except the handbrake cable which is getting tight.will tinker with that.
so all in all im very happy with how it turned out.i have a test track nearby and i can now crawn thru instead of lifting wheels much better....only problem is now i want more.....100mm longer rear shocks and adjustable coilovers for the front....PRG im coming with my tax return!

So the lowered spacers are back in.just to level up the front and its looking good.100mm extra height.wheel aligned with perfect camber.no binding issues and coil bucket contact at full flex and a 10` cv angle ..but still only 50mm droop on the front however you look at it.spacer of course make no diffrence just need a longer coilover shock.anyone care to check there radflo's for the amout of droop from wheel arch top to bottom of the rim with a 16'wheel?

Oh just took a drive without the sway bar attatched.just makes it feel like a older car bit slower thru the corners but otherwise its o.k...its going back on tho.

Latest posts

Back