Boost gauge confirmation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
hey,just looking for a solid yes or no as all other threads only really skim over it and i wanna make sure,if i buy a normal boost gauge as in one that has vac aswell it will still work on the zd30 engine as a boost gauge,dont care if it doesnt do vac as i know it wont,just that the vac ones are easier for me to buy.also any EGT gauge will fit?cheers

you dont need a boost guage with vac as your motor will never make any vacuum, but you can use it no worries, it wont make your nav explode. ive got an auber digital guage and boost sensor that works from -5psi to 45psi but it has never shown any vacuum on my navara. also have the auber egt guage, i recommend them both. search auber instruments.

yes a normal gauge will work but I bet you will get the shits with having a gauge that is only half used. Also a lot of cheap gauges only go to 15psi so make sure it at least goes to 20psi.
I run autometer sport comp boost (0-30psi) and pryo. Love them both and cost about $300for the pair off ebay...

just to add.

i have had a situation where the vac side of the boost gauge has come in handy.
when you have big inlet restriction of a faulty turbo you can get vacuum instead of boost, which obviously rings alarm bells.
in my case it was a freshly reco'ed turbo that was very tight on the bearings. just had to rev the engine up slowly till turbo got moving. a few weeks of driving and the turbo has worn in.

i saw one of your post in another thread that touched on this and that also made me lean to buying a vac/boost 1.thanks for the extra info.im getting a new turbo in the ute from injectors express,keen to see how it runs for $640.im getting the gauges to keep an eye on it.

i should add.....
if your getting an analogue gauge then just see how easy it is to read. a boost/vac 30psi gauge in 50mm can be very hard to read while driving especially if it only swings over half of the circle. a 20psi guage is easier to read (numbers apart more) and don't forget about digital gauges.

http://www.roadrunneroffroad.com.au/Turbo-Boost-Gauge-52mm-PSI-with-audible-Alarm.html

i have a similar autogauge in 60mm but without recall or audio alarm.

DSC00361003.jpg

nice setup!so with the elec ones they need the controler dont they?
no idea what you mean.
they are all separate gauges, each with its own sensor.
the two digital ones are egt and water temp. programmable, mem recall and has relay out for external buzzer.
the two 60mm autometer (the photo is crap) are boost and oil pressure.

hmmm its just something i got told,that if you run a electric gauge you need a boost controler.from your reaction its a load of crap.do you have a prefrence on mecanic,elec or digital?

mechanical boost gauge is simple and reliable.
my electric boost gauge uses a boost sensor thats not overly reliable. but some electric boost gauges can tap into a factory boost sensor.

all other gauges are electric.
mechanical temp gauges tend to break the capillary tube due to vibration.

preference would be the auberins digital gauges. easier to read, alarm outputs etc,
programmable to different sensors if you change things.
$$$ depending i may ditch the autogauges altogether and replace them more digitals.

yep the auberins, tho not bling to look at are affordable and good quality, record peak values, alarm, small enough to open up more mounting locations and easy to read. i got my boost and egt guages for $200 got them in the mail that week all the way from the U.S.

Latest posts

Back