Better clutch for D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian m

Reaction score
Gday guys,

Im needing to replace the clutch in my rig. I was thinking about the exedy Part # NSK-7373.

Now my question is does anybody run the bigger clutch from the d40 ( its 275mm diamiater D22 is 250mm).exedy part # NSK8535.

Where I live we have lots of sand dunes and heavy mud.
I want something that wont be dead within a year.
Any thoughts would be great

thanks

I'd just put the nissan one in again personally, its an awesome clutch as far as oem clutches go, nathan got like 300000km on his Dave got like 280000 on his, how old is your car? if its gone in just 1 year you probably need to learn how to use it properly more then anything.

I, too, am interested in this thread as I will be up for a clutch soon with 155k on it. It shudders like a mofo but still bites none the less. I am located in Brisbane and had to replace the transfer case ealier this year and went into Hart Transmissions at Brendale and asked him while i was there what the go with clutches and much to my surprise he said he usually fits a skyline clutch in there (not sure what one) and people seems to get more life and better response out them. He said if you are towing and your vehicle is heavy this would be ideal as the stock clutch or OEM clutch will not last more than 200 ish. He also said i would get another 10k outta mine but i have done 35k since and still going strong. I will call him to clarify asap

My mates Patrol ZD30 still had the original oem clutch going well at 380,000km when he traded it, says a lot for the oem clutches I'd say, unless of course the Nissan ones are not the same anymore.

I'd just put the nissan one in again personally, its an awesome clutch as far as oem clutches go, nathan got like 300000km on his Dave got like 280000 on his, how old is your car? if its gone in just 1 year you probably need to learn how to use it properly more then anything.

The vehicle is 3years old. Done just short of 100k!

I've never had any other issues with other vehicles getting well into the 250 + ks.

My mate also has issues with his and he's only done 60k.

do you flog the clutch on every take off? my ZD30 I just rev to 1k then let it out and it just rolls off.

I guess you could give the exedy a go, probably cheaper than oem, its just rare to hear of a D22 having clutch problems.

When I traded my D22, the clutch was still working as per normal.

The air con compressor acts as a exhaust brake, you can slow the truck down with it. Jeez they must suck some power out of the engine.

do you flog the clutch on every take off? my ZD30 I just rev to 1k then let it out and it just rolls off.

I guess you could give the exedy a go, probably cheaper than oem, its just rare to hear of a D22 having clutch problems.

The vehicle is only just off idle when taking off.

i have been driving manual cars for 25 years and never had clutch issues i have a 2011 d22 35,000 k and the clutch is shot.... not impressed nissan

Call these guys, they have a great repore with a lot of members, iv spoken to them personally and he is great with advice and you can call him if you decide to do it yourself and they are happy to help. (located in QLD) He is somewhere around on here too. i know what he asks for clutches and its a good price. though that was a couple of months ago

www.yd25.com.au

I have tried the standard Nissan c,itch and a excedy hd. But until I got a 4terrain I didn't know what a half decent clutch was.
It's unreal and made for 4wding. As the flywheel sits off the plate a bit to let dirt and grit in and out instead of just in.

Best addition I have made for a while. Had it put in after I did the rear main seal.

I've got a 4terrain too and it's great! It's a half button clutch so even stronger!

I have tried the standard Nissan c,itch and a excedy hd. But until I got a 4terrain I didn't know what a half decent clutch was.
It's unreal and made for 4wding. As the flywheel sits off the plate a bit to let dirt and grit in and out instead of just in.

Best addition I have made for a while. Had it put in after I did the rear main seal.

Hey have you got the part number for the unit that was put in, it will help with the comparisons.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back