Best way to make driving lights un stealable

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worse problem with any of the 'solutions' that may cause pain is that the prick stealing the lights will sue you, take your Nav, your house and every cent you have in the bank by order of one of esteemed judiciary in this country.

Obviously not a high enough voltage in the taser if the prick is still alive enough to sue.

Jaycar should sell voltage boosters.

Obviously not a high enough voltage in the taser if the prick is still alive enough to sue.

Jaycar should sell voltage boosters.

The the pricks family will sue. Saw some old guy on TV the other night he was robbed and attacked with a taser in his own house he retaliated, he injured the guy before the prick ran, the guys accomplice dumped him bleeding on the side of the road, the prick dies and the DPP is taking the old guy to court for murder while the pricks family have got a public campaign running about how much of a respectable pillar of society their little prick was.

I'm sure stealing driving lights wont lead to that but sheesh what sort of fcuked up world do we live in.

I saw that on the telly Krafty. The prick had already done over 6 houses that day. I suppose thats what is so attractive about the USA to an extent.

best way i found that will keep you being able to take them off is to use metal weld glue and fill the hex head up (light bar) or rub it around the outside of the nut to make it smooth, will set hard so you cant get shifter on and allen key into the hole. and when you want to get the lights off you simply heat it up and wipe it off. not many thieves are smart enough to carry a blow torch with them when stealing lights.

and well if they try using an angle grinder and no one sees/hears then well they deserve to be stolen

I like that idea, quite smart!

:ball:I drilled a small hole through the bolt and fitted a small padlock obviously not bolt cutter proof but will deter them somewhat. Also I have seen devcon used this is liquid steel in a plastic compound available from repco.

That metal weld glue sounds like a great idea. You'll have to take the bullbar off to get the torch to them. If there willing to do that they must need then more than I do. Thanks for all the in put :)

My LED bar got taxed the other day, worst bit about it (other than the obvious) was that the bastards cut my CB aerial cable (must have thought it was the supply for the lights) then heaved on the actual light cable, dislodging the compression gland in the roof and the car rained in.
defo going to try the metal weld glue trick

My LED bar got taxed the other day, worst bit about it (other than the obvious) was that the bastards cut my CB aerial cable (must have thought it was the supply for the lights) then heaved on the actual light cable, dislodging the compression gland in the roof and the car rained in.
defo going to try the metal weld glue trick

wow that's messed up!

i've got a 21" ordered and currently thinking of ways to secure it. was thinking of getting some brackets fabbed up to block access to the nuts. how do you intend on using the weld glue? fill in the hex key?

wow that's messed up!

i've got a 21" ordered and currently thinking of ways to secure it. was thinking of getting some brackets fabbed up to block access to the nuts. how do you intend on using the weld glue? fill in the hex key?

That's what I'd do, but if I wanted to undo it I'd just use vise grips.

Phillips-head coach-style dome bolt with weld glue. Can't get a grip with vise grips, and if you make it hard to put a hacksaw blade to the nut/bolt they might give it a miss.

Of course if you DO screw things up like that for them, they could just key your car for you for making their nightly shopping trip inconvenient. Ergo the taser suggestion. Little cnuts can't undo shit if they're floppin' around on the ground.

That's what I'd do, but if I wanted to undo it I'd just use vise grips.

Phillips-head coach-style dome bolt with weld glue. Can't get a grip with vise grips, and if you make it hard to put a hacksaw blade to the nut/bolt they might give it a miss.

Of course if you DO screw things up like that for them, they could just key your car for you for making their nightly shopping trip inconvenient. Ergo the taser suggestion. Little cnuts can't undo shit if they're floppin' around on the ground.

I had a look and they would be easily undone using vice grips. The dome bolt would be the goer. Just need to find one with the correct thread. I was thinking of filling in the key with putty and spraying it black so it looks standard. Just scrape it out when required.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't hey. I like the taser idea LOL.

Yeah I'm going to get the domed head bolts for mine, then fill the head, I was going to drill the head out once its set in the right position, then ezy out to take bolt out but the weld glue stuff sounds better. Best if the brackets were counterbored to conceal the bolt head some what

I was thinking the same the other day, drilling out the bracket and cutting the bolt down. So that they were recessed in. There wouldn't be enough meat on the bracket afterwards though.

I had a look and they would be easily undone using vice grips. The dome bolt would be the goer. Just need to find one with the correct thread. I was thinking of filling in the key with putty and spraying it black so it looks standard. Just scrape it out when required.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't hey. I like the taser idea LOL.

Great idea

Back