Best OBD2 Tool

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

Adhaul

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on what OBD2 reader they have used, I think mine is out dated as I'm not getting the info I need

MANNING

Reaction score
Mate, I only have a cheap Bluetooth setup and use the torque app..
it doesnt show alot of stuff on there!
I rememeber @Old.Tony saying that a workshop mechanic he visited had a much more complex setup and was able to view everything in much more detail including gearbox details..
Maybe find a mechanic willing to help out for an hour or two?

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^ Correct. My BT OBD2 adapter links to my Android phone where I use Torque, but I can't get any gearbox data and this workshop tool just let me pick gearbox off the bloody menu - it was telling me how fast the turbine was going, what the slippage of the converter was ... amazing stuff.

crocodillis

Reaction score
I use the iCarsoft NS V1.0 OBDII Scan Tool For Nissan Infiniti & Subaru not cheap but very good

ns.JPG

Scott52

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on what OBD2 reader they have used, I think mine is out dated as I'm not getting the info I need
I purchased one of these for about $100 and it's been great ... you can even code keys and injectors. It gives dealer level access. It has detailed diagnostics for all the modules. I use Torque Pro as well but that gives only basic information.

I needed another immobiliser key and was able to do it easily ... $20 for a key and $100 for the AP200 was way cheaper than the many hundreds quoted by the dealer. I fitted new refurbished injectors and coded them to.

I also swapped the ECU and BCM and re coded the keys and immobiliser.

I have a 2011 Thai built single cab RX D40.

You can chose one brand that you have forever and subsequent brands cost about $20 p.a.

Scott52

Reaction score
For whatever reason the auto VIN read wasn't compatible but it's not an issue. You select manually. It was Nissan/Oceania/Australia/Navara D40 (Thai) and year series.

jfc21456

Reaction score
For whatever reason the auto VIN read wasn't compatible but it's not an issue. You select manually. It was Nissan/Oceania/Australia/Navara D40 (Thai) and year series.
Could you get access to the transmission module ( auto box ) ? Tom

Latest posts