anyone got Nissan to service thier D22 with ironman bashplates on??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanJG

Reaction score
As the subject says.
I have had the bashplates fitted and have not had the time to modify for the sump drain hole.
Do all the plates need to come off for a service anyway?? eg. access to transfer case and gear box oil levels??

The first thing you better do is make sure they are still on there when you pick the car up, lol

Hi Tony

Do yu take your plates off before taking the car to Nissan or just let them deal with it??[/QUOTE

I have made a cut out under my sump and Nissan have left the plates on.
As long as they can access the drain bolt under the sump and the oil filter in the engine bay, it's fine.
Although on a major service(40k) all the plates have to come off as they need to change transfer and diff oils as well.

I imagine they can stay, however if they are required to be removed as an extra item on the required service then you would more than likely be charged a little extra labour. My dealer charges $136+GST p/h. I think I am in the wrong business

Had 110k service with bash plates on. Fixed price is $296 but chrgade me $334 for extra labour for removing and reinstalling plates. Seems fair to me, saves me getting under the ute to get them off and back on again.

Nissan wanted an xtra $80 to remove and replace my plates for 40k service
I wouldn't trust them to reinstall them correctly as they are highly modified plates
I took my nav elsewhere for its 40k service and Nissan won't be touching my nav again unless its warranty and that's only got 11 mths left

Back