Alternator pulley- gone

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt87

Reaction score
Hey guys

I own a 08 auto d40 and was driving to work this morning and felt like I drove over a rock but what do u know a couple of kms up the road my engine started really over heating so I pulled over to check it out.

What I found is that the alternator pulley had seemed to of sheared right off!
So I turned around and crept back home as to not overheat it too much. I drove past what I thought was a rock and there it was the pulley in the middle of the road.

So my next question is does anyone know a good mechanic around the Joondalup area that's reasonably priced and reliable?
And is it worthwhile getting my other pulleys changed as some have a slight noise to them and while I'm at it get timing chain done?

Good start to my Thursday !!

Hey guys

I own a 08 auto d40 and was driving to work this morning and felt like I drove over a rock but what do u know a couple of kms up the road my engine started really over heating so I pulled over to check it out.

What I found is that the alternator pulley had seemed to of sheared right off!
So I turned around and crept back home as to not overheat it too much. I drove past what I thought was a rock and there it was the pulley in the middle of the road.

So my next question is does anyone know a good mechanic around the Joondalup area that's reasonably priced and reliable?
And is it worthwhile getting my other pulleys changed as some have a slight noise to them and while I'm at it get timing chain done?

Good start to my Thursday !!

Hi I also own an 08 model. I replaced the lower tensioner pulley at around 98,000ks as it was getting noisy (especially when you rev the engine over 3000 within a few minutes after starting). I also replaced my alternator pulley at around 100,000ks as I noticed the cover had fallen out and there was metal poking out (the retainer spring).

I would suggest replacing them when you do your timing chain just to avoid any more issues that may arise.

Latest posts

Back