Abs warning light......maybe blown diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez can you send your dealership mech down here when you've finished with him, we need someone with a personality at our local Nissan Stealershit

Ok so i picked up the Navara Today and it was the wheel bearing that caused the noise.

The service manager said that there was absolutely nothing left of the bearing.

It had totally shattered and actually melted all the broken bits along with the ABS sensor, Apparently he and his mechanic had never seen a bearing like it.

As for the cause im really not sure, but about 1000km before it went i was playing around in a mud pit trying to get up an embankment on the other side.
So there was allot of forwards and backwards in and out of the mud as well as about 40km of really wet gritty dirt road.
My guess is that some of that crap somehow got passed the seal and into the bearing.
The thing that puzzles me is why the three people that i know of that have had this happened have all been on the right hand side,
Why not the left after all they are both identical parts and are totally interchangeable???
Maybe just coincidence, who knows?? but strange all the same.

Latest posts

Back