about to buy new navara st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greytek

Reaction score
Hi everyone just found this site its probably just what i need .Iam about to buy a new navara st the one for 40888 drive away i will be getting a 6sp manual but have found a lot of complaints such as brake wear,fuel economy and timing chain problems. i am now wondering wether i should order one or not.i realise all cars have their problems
regards malcolm

have found a lot of complaints such as brake wear,fuel economy and timing chain problems.

Gday Malcom,thing about this site is,that alot of people end up here trying to solve legit problems,and thats great.People tend to focus more on that
but the majority here are happy owners.
You may have problems,or you may not.
Good luck whichever way you go.

Navarian is right some people are happy some aren't but the bottom line is that bad news always travels faster and louder than good news. There is plenty of us out there who are more than happy with our Nav's from stock standard up to heavily modified. There is no guarantee the car you buy will be 100% perfect but it's the same risk we all took when buying our cars and if it's the one you really want then hopefully it will be fully satisfying.

I haven't really done enough k's for brakes and timing chains to be an issue yet but considering the Nav's weight and size I'm happy enough getting 10's out of the fuel economy. I have a few little niggling issues (like no remote fuel release on the ST-X and the factory fitted holes in the tub) but overall I'm still a happy camper.

Welcome to the site.

You could always go and buy a Holden Colorado and then, too late to back out, realise that they're end-of-model and parts will be like hen's teeth and dear as poison, with very little available aftermarket for a dead product line. Worse, the Colorado could be more of a lemon than the Navara, or the Triton, or the Tonka Truck you decided to settle on because it had a zero emission motor (unless you were eating Mexican food).

Like Krafty says, bad news is heard more, because people are more likely to talk about problems they have rather than how good things are. Personally, I'm as happy as a clam with mine, even its fuel consumption, which is better than expected for highway cycles.

Tonka Trucks are Tonka Tough, if there was a comparable model to the Nav there would be no questions needed it would be Tonka all the way.

Latest posts

Back