A little help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_T

Reaction score
Hey guys, just recieved my dig options unit. When I first plug in the aerial and power cord, a few lights light up red a slight buzzing sound then nothing. On a whim I checked the fuse box and the audio fuse was blown. Replaced fuse and still nothing on the unit. Tried unplugging the unit and unplugged it back in again, with same result. Red lights show up a slight buzzing sound then nothing. And blown audio fuse again. Not sure why it is happening have done stero installs before and no issues. :banghead:

Im guessing a short is occuring somewhere, but want to avoid going to an auto electrican if I can.

Is it a good idea to up the fuse to a 15amp as long as I also upgrade the fuse in the bacl of the unit. (this is a 15amp so would change to 25amp). This should keep the weak link to the fuse in audio fuse slot.

any feed back appreciated
Nick

I wouldnt change the fuses.I would be going back over my wiring and look at which wire you have installed incorrectly.Look in the search button for ebay navigation and Jon has put a thread up on how to install.

Oh is it a gos headunit? Hav you wired it up correctly? Nissan wires are Red- 12v accessories, Purple- 12v constant and Orange- dimmer function and the others are speaker wires, dont not wire the orange wire up unless your headunit has a dimmer function otherwise you will blow fuses, i was told interior lights and brake or reverse. The factory nissan harness does not have a negative earth wire because they earth through the aerial but if you put an aftermarket headunit in then you will have to use a crimp lug that allows it to be bolted to a metal part of the car to earth the headunit or you will get static through your speakers. Hope this helps

+1 on Scotty's comment, increasing the fuse only masks the problem and doesn't fix it. It may never appear again but it not really a chance worth taking.

Mate of mine did that with his ride on mower, it kept blowing a 10Amp fuse so he kept replacing with bigger fuses until he found one that didn't blow, he got up to 50amps when it stopped blowing the fuses so he left the 50amp in and forgot about it. Because he never addressed the problem just gave it a bandaid, he never knew there was a short in the system, it only cost him a few hundred to get fixed when it did kill the starter motor but it's a few hundred he could have saved.

thanks for the responses guys, sorry for the delay in reponding (12hr shifts are not great for spare thime), got an email from dig options and said to check the wiring. Will do so when I get a chance. Re the fuses didn't think it would bew a good idea but thought i'd ask anyway.

Nick

when i did mine i tried to keep it simple by getting a $15 ISO plug as most of the eBay units comes with ISO plug. so it really is plug and play and when time to sell my car i can put back the original head unit etc without any wires getting cut. just a suggestion.

and yeah agree with scotty's + Krafty comment.. never replace it with a higher amp fuse. :rock:

oh and if you want the ISO part number i can dig it up for you. bought a couple of eBay but they were the wrong ones so i was assuming it was for D40s. ended up going to alberts stereo and they got it right the first time :big_smile:

I just installed mine had it all working including rear vision camera for all of about 5 minutes then the screen went blank as if it lost power. I went over everything and tried again same problem , had to send it back, now I'm waiting for a new one hopefully . I must say though it was great when it was working, hoping Matt is going to do the right thing by me !

it comes with an adaptor and is meant to be just plug and play. So it has been a bit frustrating you could say. But will have another look on thursday when I have a few hours spare.

Latest posts

Back