A/C or Cooling system problem.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue03STR

Reaction score
The other week we went for a drive down to Geelong on a 35+ degree day and when we got on the freeway at 100 km/h the a/c stoped working and the cooling system went up in temp, between half and three quarters.

I just took it down to Werribee Nissan (where we bought it a month ago) and spoke to the service guys there. The had a look and came to the conclusion that someone had put too much refridgerant into the system. (about 320 instead of 300 grams) Normally this wouldn't create a problem, but on hot days the gas expands and creates too much pressure and the system shuts down. So they bled out some gas and sent us on our way. This was this afternoon so we are yet to try it out.

Has anyone else ever heard of this or is it some dealer B S?

How did they come to the conclusion that there was too much gas in the system? Did they vac it out and weigh the bottle?

Did they hook a set of fridge gauges up and test pressures?

Sounds a bit dodgey to me Blue03. Stranger things have happened I guess and I'm certainly no expert, but I'd be taking the truck out for a good run and testing it again. One would think that if their diagnosis was correct the A/C wouldn't have operated properly on previous occasions.

The fact that the engine temp rose at the same time would have me looking at the drive belts and pulleys etc. It may be possible that neither the water pump or A/C compressor were being driven correctly.

Cheers,

Russ

By the sound of it your car sounds new?
If it is then it throws my theory out the window, last year my car used to heat up for no apparent reason on a 30 degree day and with the air con on it heated up quicker and the air con then was blowing in hot air into the cabin, this was the problem...

You can see the air con condenser is half filled with mud and was worse in the centre of it and look carefully under the condenser that solid wall is my radiator it was full yes full of mud, even though the condenser doesnt look as bad the radiator was blocked evenly across halfway up. It was a solid clump of mud and took me hours to clean and put back in.

Latest posts

Back