4 inch Lift Advice Please!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhotnavara

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to install a 4" lift (or whatever is available - 5" or 6" would also do) on the Navara and want to see if anyone here has done that on theirs. I'll need some advice on how to go about it. Any info at this stage would be useful. Money isn't an issue.

Checked with few outlets out there, such as Snake Racing and few other shops but no one does it for the Navara. They're not even interested in it, even if I found parts elsewhere.

The Navara's got a 2" lift already with front and rear ARB lockers but it's still a bit too low when doing some tracks with mates. So, at this stage, I'm not sure whether to swap them out fully or just add 2" or 3" spacers to the coils and leaf springs.

Don't worry about the legality of it, I'm fully aware of that, just need some info on what to expect and what to watch out for, possibly from someone who's already gone through that. I tried the search but nothing's come up.

Thank you and regards.

the big lifts that are available wont get your mechanicals any higher off the ground , they just drop everything down , infact theres one that decreases ground clearance , monster rides has a genuine 3 inch lift that gives you more clearance , but its not cheap

Sh!t, just realised I posted this under General. Can it be moved to suspension? I also checked over there and found 2 threads already about it but nothing in specific to what I'm after of info, meaning, are there other obstacles in the way and how to overcome them (besides engineering).

the big lifts that are available wont get your mechanicals any higher off the ground , they just drop everything down , infact theres one that decreases ground clearance , monster rides has a genuine 3 inch lift that gives you more clearance , but its not cheap

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes, I'm aware of the mechanicals but I thought I'd do the body lift so I could put bigger tyres like 33's or 35's, which would raise the diffs and other mechanicals of course.

I'll also end up whacking some thick bash plates along with rock rails to avoid further underbody damage.

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes, I'm aware of the mechanicals but I thought I'd do the body lift so I could put bigger tyres like 33's or 35's, which would raise the diffs and other mechanicals of course.

I'll also end up whacking some thick bash plates along with rock rails to avoid further underbody damage.

" body lift is not going to raise your mechanicals " yes tyres will , opps i missed your bigger tyres part , sorry

Last edited:
calmini kit with saw's to suit and new uca's for front
4" leafs outta the states and 2"drop shackles
safest and easiest way to do it whilst getting the best flex, ramp over departure and approch without going sas or titan swap

D22 or D40?. On a D40 max suspension lift is 3" to keep cv angles safe. Any more and they wont last long. Next stage is drop bracket lift (calmini 5" or Fabtech 6"). Adding spacers to your 2" is only gonna give you grief with coil bucket contact and unable to align correctly without doing new UCAs or offset bushes. Calmini kit loses 1" ground clearance at the front crossmember compared to stock. Ramp over angle is better. Rear setup on both kits is pretty average. Ride quality and travel the same as stock. Spacers, blocks and shackles. I shipped over a kit from PRG products in the states and could not have been happier. 3" F+R with a lot more travel, a lot better ride quality and the plus of being able to adjust height, rebuild and revalve shocks. Im contemplating doing a body lift mainly for looks and maybe bigger tyres in the future.

Im running 4"lift and 33s .... spc upper arms 2"springs and a spacer for the front....blocks, shackles for the rear..... extended brake lines all round....got no droop but it performs well anyway.10 degree cv angle over here...no diff drop.

D22 or D40?. On a D40 max suspension lift is 3" to keep cv angles safe. Any more and they wont last long. Next stage is drop bracket lift (calmini 5" or Fabtech 6"). Adding spacers to your 2" is only gonna give you grief with coil bucket contact and unable to align correctly without doing new UCAs or offset bushes. Calmini kit loses 1" ground clearance at the front crossmember compared to stock. Ramp over angle is better. Rear setup on both kits is pretty average. Ride quality and travel the same as stock. Spacers, blocks and shackles. I shipped over a kit from PRG products in the states and could not have been happier. 3" F+R with a lot more travel, a lot better ride quality and the plus of being able to adjust height, rebuild and revalve shocks. Im contemplating doing a body lift mainly for looks and maybe bigger tyres in the future.

Personally id go with a 1" body (no bigger), and the 3" from PGR, throw in the biggest wheels u can fit 33" or even 35" (if you can) and im sure u will have all the clearance u need. From stock that 1" body, 3" Suspension and at least 2"- 4" from wheels, over all your looking at 6"- 8" over all (depending wheels)
But thats just me and my D22.

50mm spring lift and a 25mm spacer with aftermarket UCA's is as much as you want to go, this ends up being about 100mm lift all up because it's works like a leverage type lift. i have this in mine' for the rear i just added a leave and extended the brake lines and cut and rotated the shock mounts, running 285' with 210mm gap in the front gaurds and about 375mm clearance under the front crossmember, the next stage would be a body lift but if your not running 315's i wouldn't bother. I have ironman springs and shocks with a superier 25mm spacer and my own UCA setup and i dont run a swaybay.

Last edited:
Back