3.0ltr intercooler top mount upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IFS FTW

Reaction score
hey guys. im just wondering what need to be done to fit a top mount intercooler to my d22 3.0ltr. im buying a 2.5ltr intercooler to fit but i was really just wondering about a body lift and if i need one and etc?? i can fit everything myself ive just heard about needing a body lift to be able to do this and etc....
:tazzy:

What he said, cross country bolts straight up. Dont know of anyone on here putting a 2.5 or a patrol cooler on

or you could do a DIY front mount intercooler.
Cost me around 230 ish, 2.5 inch system.
up to you

yeah wouldnt mind my own project kind of thing doing my own research and etc.. rather than doing the easy way... but yeah i have heard of needing a body lift to be able to fit an intercooler there... then i have also head that you can mount it above the turbo and etc...

IFS FTW said:
yeah wouldnt mind my own project kind of thing doing my own research and etc.. rather than doing the easy way... but yeah i have heard of needing a body lift to be able to fit an intercooler there... then i have also head that you can mount it above the turbo and etc...

There has been a couple of guys here who have used a micro cooler and just certain bends and silicon hoses. Works well
And is cheap!

or you could do a DIY front mount intercooler.
Cost me around 230 ish, 2.5 inch system.
up to you

where did you get all your gear from??? was thinking of using the 2.5 d22 intercooler

I used an xr6 turbo (ba) intercooler, and a 2.5 inch universal intercooler kit (ebay) and 2 polished stainless 180 deg pipes. and one 45 silicone elbow.

Took about 2 days to make. Would be alot quicker if i did it again.

Inter cooler was 60, kit was 120, pipe 20 and hose 30-40 (super cheap) so just below 250 would be more accurate.

Doesn't require any body lift and in my opinion its just as affective as top mount just a bit more lag.. but honestly 1/2 sec from stock at most, plus you get it away from residue heat in engine bay.

I used an xr6 turbo (ba) intercooler, and a 2.5 inch universal intercooler kit (ebay) and 2 polished stainless 180 deg pipes. and one 45 silicone elbow.

Took about 2 days to make. Would be alot quicker if i did it again.

Inter cooler was 60, kit was 120, pipe 20 and hose 30-40 (super cheap) so just below 250 would be more accurate.

Doesn't require any body lift and in my opinion its just as affective as top mount just a bit more lag.. but honestly 1/2 sec from stock at most, plus you get it away from residue heat in engine bay.

do you have pictures? i really like that idea... cause the xr6 have a welded intercooler rather than a crimp type. and seems a bit more ideal size wise cause the zd30 doesnt really require i great big size intercooler and i had a look at the cross country intercooler setup up and wow thats a fantastic set up but i would have to get rid of my dual battery and etc... or move it

do you have pictures? i really like that idea... cause the xr6 have a welded intercooler rather than a crimp type. and seems a bit more ideal size wise cause the zd30 doesnt really require i great big size intercooler and i had a look at the cross country intercooler setup up and wow thats a fantastic set up but i would have to get rid of my dual battery and etc... or move it

My cross country cooler fits with my dual battery, but i had to move the fuel filter. I put it between the air filter and the pre cleaner

Alrighty well ill put some pics up on the weekend as im busy tomorrow :)

The hardest part of the whole system is designing the top pipe that runs past the radiator. Pics will help explain.

Hey IFS FTW

if your still interested in doing a xr6t front mount intercooler, i have one in real good condition for sale that i dont need anymore.

Bart

Latest posts

Back