2H hubs locked front wheels drive.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyVic

Reaction score
Hey all,
I've got a feb 2012 built d22, my first 4wd. Playing out in the mud last weekend with the boys and we found with the hubs locked and in 2 high the front wheels appear to still have some drive. Not anywhere near the amount of drive the rears have but enough to throw up a a couple of chunks of mud and stop me from enjoying mud pits as they're meant to be enjoyed! As soon as i got out and unlocked the hubs all was good the front just sits there and the rears go round and round. Is this normal for a D22?

Cheers.

Sometimes if your unlock your hubs and turn left or right, the hubs will remain locked for a period.
Always drive straight ahead when unlocking the hubs for a couple of metres.

Yeah the issues not with the hubs, they're locking/unlocking fine. The issue is the transfer case is in 2wd and the hubs are locked the front wheels appear to be getting a small amount of drive when I was under the impression they shouldn't be getting any.

The transfer case drives the front wheels with a chain and thus is locked or its not.

But there can be an issue (not an issue at all). If you are driving along and swap from 4h to 2h whilst on the move sometimes it will remain in 4h until you unload the chain. This can be done by reversing a small way, pushing in the clutch or using the engine to slow down a bit.

once the transfer chain is unloaded it will release and you will be able to have all that fun in the mud.

Bryce

Cheers Bryce. That was pretty much the info i was after. Maybe it just hadn't unloaded the chain. Think ill just have to get it in the mud again and check to see if that was the problem!

Latest posts

Back