24psi thanks to a boost controllers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACKSTR

Reaction score
my mate bought me a boost controller for my birthday few months ago so i fitted it on now im running over 24psi. according to my autometer boost gauge. i know at stock it was running at 15psi but thats a major jump in boost. my bloody gauge only reads to 20psi but the the needle keeps on moving pass 20 so i assume its 24psi. im not sure if it will f.. up my turbo or not. but the extra boost does feel better as it does not feel restricted. i have a HKS turbo timer hopefully that will keep my turbo happy.
any comments on wheather its good or not for my nav??

A 60% increase on the standard boost? I think you probably know what we're all going to say.

A turbo timer won't make any real difference to how long your motor lasts under these conditions.

You must have plenty of cash.......

What engine will you put in after this one goes bang?

Geez it must have some grunt!

I am no expert on turbo's or diesels so cant comment on how long it will last, but you will sure have fun for now! haha

yeah im a bit worried bout that. its alot of extra boost for a stock turbo to be put under. gud to hear ur comments guys. i think ill take it out just incase, bc if my motor blows then all hell will break loose. lol

boost controllers are adjustable, so jut turn the boost down.
what one have you fitted?

I'd be worried about piston crowns too, although you can get them ceramic-coated which will also push up your compression ratio and give you even more bang.

Until it all goes bang, that is.

24psi .... wow. I'd look at adjusting that down a little. Run it at 18-19 tops and you'll still get some benefit - without the sudden transformation from powerhouse to grenade.

what make/model is the controller?

24psi isn't all that bad, D40 runs 20psi stock. its not going to grenade, it wil go into limp mode well before that happens. the biggest risk of killing the motor is through chipping it.

Last edited:
I rememeber reading the ZD30 was designed to handle around 30psi but dont think Id be keen to find out for how long.

Dave.

don't forget hes got a YD25 ;)

boost in itself isn't the real killer. temps are. fueling is the biggy but also intercooling. 24psi with no intercooling is asking for trouble.

Ah I forgot he had the YD25, I wouldn't be surprised if there engineered for 35psi max boost anyway.

All YD25's in Australia are intercooled.

Dave.

buggered if i know, you bought it ! bit silly fitting it if you don't know how to adjust it.
what make/model is the controller?

24psi isn't all that bad, D40 runs 20psi stock. its not going to grenade, it wil go into limp mode well before that happens. the biggest risk of killing the motor is through chipping it.

Wrong member tweake, BLACKSTR is the OP.

Latest posts

Back