2011d22 tub fit a 2003 dx d22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i fitted the a 2012 2.5cr tub, to my 2005 3.0l str navara. bolted straight on. i replaced mine because the tub was screwed and found a brand new one for 500 bucks.

ive got a d22 tub in my garage sitting around if u wanna try and see if it fits up came of a d22 2011 model might even sell it to u for a few hundred if it fits :)

I wish there was less confusion with these tub fitments. I've been on the hunt for a tub for the past few weeks now, and I don't think I've gotten the same answer twice yet.

Some people have refused sale because they say it won't fit. But my local Nissan dealership technician said that any d22 tub will fit ANY d22.

There is a difference between "will fit" and "will fit easy"

They changed the tub lengths in 2011 by 100mm or something (it's spoken about in a heap of different threads). That alone doesn't mean the new tubs wont fit old models but there is every chance mounts are different etc and it will need modification.

They're not that expensive to buy anyway.
Just buy one and see for yourself then you'll know for sure.
Just re sell it if it doesn't fit.

Definitely would do Tony, unfortunately they're not that plentiful around here, which is odd considering the amount of mine vehicles that get around.

I'm probably going to have to get something freighted from Brisbane, so add another 350 or so onto the cost of the tub itself - it gets expensive for something that may or may not fit. especially when I can't see resale being good.

Do the mine utes come in from the local dealer or are they mass ordered from a city dealer?

I've never needed to look for a tub but other forums are citing city dealers with stacks of ute tubs out the back for different makes/models and they can't get rid of them, some are even swapping them for beer, which is most undealer like..

Tried my local dealer, unfortunately they only got rid of them a few months back. I've tried nearly all the fabricators in town that do the mine spec trays, and they're all out, which is a shame. Local dealership politely informed me that they could order me a new tub for around 4 thousand, lol.

I don't think many places use the D22's for mine vehicles any more. There's a tonne of D40s, Rangers and Hiluxes around though.

Hit your local Nissan dealer up, I saw one on ebay recently from a Nissan dealer somewhere starting at $100 for a 2012 I think it was.

Latest posts

Back