2009 YD25 rattle at 3000rpm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D2282

Reaction score
2009 YD25 rattle at 3000rpm, any ideas? also has a weird knock like end bearings but only every now and then, changed fuel filter, oil (5w30) and oil filter.

if its crank bearings you would see flecks in the oil, try revving it without your fan belt see if any noises stop , if it doesnt change turbo, air leaks ,timeing chain etc , if some noise disappears check without belt on , idle pulley bearings, alternater clutch pulley ,fan issues etc. you probably have more than one issue there ,

I wonder about that radiator fan, it's possible that one of the blades might have a crack in the root of the blade - this has happened before. It needs to be checked to make sure it's not eating away at the back of your radiator - that could end in disaster!

Otherwise, it could be the alternator bearings saying goodnight - as izzibri suggests, drop the fan belts and try revving it. If the noise has gone, try giving the alternator a squirt of WD40 on its shaft (NOT on the belt!) - it will have another roller bearing inside the back of the housing which won't be easy to get to, try to not get too much WD40 on the brushes. I'm not 100% familiar with the D22 alternator, I've only rebuilt the alternator in my bike, but they'd all have to be similar - a single solid shaft with a bearing front and rear.

Latest posts

Back