2008 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepz

Reaction score
I've just recently swapped my 2011 harley davidson sportster for a 2008 d22 navara 2.5ltr

was abit hesitant as my old car was a 1997 land rover discovery v8i and didn't know if i was join to like the turbo power, but after driving it for a few weeks i reckon she pulls harder then the disco and tackles hills while towing much better where with the disco id sometimes have to drop down to second and the nah cruises up in 5th

The nav came with genuine nissan bulbar and tow bar, side steps, sports roll bar 32" all terrains, 2" body lift

i have recently

blocked off the egr
added a sas boost gauge
plastic dipped the roll bar black

whats next:

2" or 3" exhaust don't know what goes better in these cars
waiting on a pillar pod to arrive
add a egt gauge
2" suspension lift (thinking snake racing)
a black aftermarket bullbar (still deciding with winch as i don't want to do extreme 4x4ing)
want to make up custom sidesteps and rear bar
uhf+antenna
some 33" muddys
would like a canopy, but i hunt a lot on private property and nothing beats standing in the back of the tub
I'm sure il think of some other things, also if anyones got some tips on what else i should do would be appreciated, cheers joe

also my boost is reading at 15psi is that stock for these engines?

Yep mate you got better torque that the old disco 15psi is normal I run 19psi, I would look at a 2.75 Beaudesert exhaust they are a perfect marriage for the little 2.5, Zordo is the only one to speak to if you do a minor lift.
And welcome to the forum.
John

Yep mate you got better torque that the old disco 15psi is normal I run 19psi, I would look at a 2.75 Beaudesert exhaust they are a perfect marriage for the little 2.5, Zordo is the only one to speak to if you do a minor lift.
And welcome to the forum.
John

cheers mate, is that 19psi with doing a exhaust and chip? what are your thoughts on a boost tap, I've read that they don't do much unless you have a chip.

Yes mate that's chip exhaust and egr block and an hour on the dyno. I use a manual boost controller, we actually lost power at 20psi the little intercooler struggled to cope.
John

whats next:

2" or 3" exhaust don't know what goes better in these cars

Howdy,

Being a turbo car, the less restriction after turbo is better, so select a larger free flowing exhaust and you will get a great torque and slight power increase.

Stock exh is around 2.25 Inch with a CAT (pending model) and large mid muffler as the restriction points.

The cheapest way :
A guy on eBay sells a 2.5inch muffler delete pipe for $190...this replaces your muffler and the last part of your exhaust system.
Good for people who arent going to modify the nav engine to much.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-N..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce39e8008&_uhb=1

to unlock it correctly you need to replace the turbo down pipe and the rest of the system.

Xforce full systems on eBay can be found around $700 if memory serv's correctly. This is a 3'inch system with a 3'inch high flow muffler, this will kill the annoying loud noises the car will make, but keep a nice hum/turbo noises audible.
This is a pretty common way to go as its the cheapest full system.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NAVARA-D..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item233897b6b3&_uhb=1

there are a few exhausts systems on the market

these are a bit more expensive, but offer 4 bolt flanges and better designed flanges.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REDBACK-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a91231897&_uhb=1

but moving on, the d22 is a great truck and hope you continue to love it :)

Latest posts

Back