2005 D22 ST-R Build Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12270

Reaction score
G'day all

Not sure if you're interested but I thought I might put up a thread of my ongoing build of my recently acquired 2005 ST-R ZD30. It came with a few things already on it inlcuding Tow Bar, Cooper ST tyres, brake controller (crappy one though so will upgrade probably), GME UHF, lights, snorkel and bull bar. Pretty stock standard other than that.

Attachments

• 20210419_125259_001 (2).jpg
    20210419_125259_001 (2).jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Since I picked the Nav up from the dealer, it's been super rough on the bumps, like driving with train wheels. I finally remembered (a week later) to check the pressure in the tyres...

These are the pressures in the front....I'll leave that there

P.S. I released some air and the nav travels better now...can still use a suspension upgrade.

20210424_143917.jpg
20210424_144109.jpg

Holy shit! That would be like driving a steam roller😂
How many k's? That's the same year as mine...
What did you have before Azza? You have been on here for a few years I see.

Staeted with the build up of the back seat, I won't be carrying any passengers in the rear except for the dog so i've taken the rear seat out (yes, legal in victoria). It's cleared up heaps of space with the seats out and i'll be building a unit to house at least:
  • Waeco CFX50 fridge
  • Full River 105ah battery
  • TJM vehicle mounted air compressor
  • C-TEK charger
  • Telstra 4G Booster
  • Some camping related gear

I've placed the switch for the compressor and the switch for the 4G booster in the centre console.

More to come tomorrow....

20210424_133013.jpg
20210424_133021.jpg

Holy shit! That would be like driving a steam roller😂
How many k's? That's the same year as mine...
What did you have before Azza? You have been on here for a few years I see.

Yeah it was mate, when i took the dealer mechanic out to show him that the cruise control wasn't working he said it was the torsion bars...It has 200k on the clock. I swapped it for a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited which i loved...so comfortable and all the mod cons however I am starting a farm fencing business and was looking for a ute but couldn't put and cash towards one. I put a lot of $$$ into the Grand however she is starting to get old and they are expensive to maintain. At least with the Nav I can do most of the work myself or the local mecahnic can. I must admit i'm enjoying having a manual again though and enjoying the Nav. I had a 2012 D40 in 2012 for a couple years but it was having a few issues and ended up with an VF SS ute which was fun but overall a crappy decision on my behalf as I couldn't do everything I wanted to in it, So yeah been here a while.
20200829_173833.jpg

Nice low k unit! I can recommend the East Coast Performance remapped ECU if you are after a bit more poke with your build up. I was extremely impressed when I fitted mine

Latest posts

Back