2 inch lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got the lift ive wanted for last 12 months. havnt got much time right now so just gunna post a few pics and ill update it all in the next few days. To save a few dollars i did most of the work myself yesterday, leaving suspension place to adjust torsion bars and give it a wheel alignment this morning. it rides and hadles sooo much better with the new springs and shocks, HUGE difference.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 268
  • suspension1.jpg
    suspension1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 281
  • suspension2.jpg
    suspension2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 270
  • suspension4.jpg
    suspension4.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 279
got bars adjusted and wheel alingment today....awesome is all i can say. hadles and rides so much better. i used all the usual stuff, poly bushes, greasable pins and shackles but just stuck with the lighter springs as it gets used around town a lot. one thing ive noticed is since i did it there is a tiny shudder from the back end as you launch from a stop especially on a hill, suspension place said that its common and its ok...has anyone else thats had a lift experienced similar?

Attachments

• suspension5.jpg
    suspension5.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 203
  • suspension6.jpg
    suspension6.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 211
  • suspension9.jpg
    suspension9.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 215
  • suspension10.jpg
    suspension10.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 215
jason, nah i just got the lighter ones, couldnt justify getting them as dont carry load all the time. over the moon with the ones i got tho, cant wait to get out and give her a proper work out.

one thing ive noticed is since i did it there is a tiny shudder from the back end as you launch from a stop especially on a hill, suspension place said that its common and its ok...has anyone else thats had a lift experienced similar?

Great work!

A lot of triton guys complain about that, apparantly becuase the angle of the uni joint/tailshaft is greater it shudders. My D40 is raised 4 inches at the back and doesnt shudder at all.

How much did it lift the car?

it lifted the rear about 60mm but told it will drop about 10mm as it settles. suits me fine, the improvement has been so huge that im even able to live with the shudder...best $1000 ive ever spent, would make me feel better if i found other lifted D22's with the shudder aswell but ill live lol, just concerned it might flog out the uni's, pinion bearing or t/shaft carrier bearing. couldnt live the the "i told you so's"from the wife :big_smile:

got bars adjusted and wheel alingment today....awesome is all i can say. hadles and rides so much better. i used all the usual stuff, poly bushes, greasable pins and shackles but just stuck with the lighter springs as it gets used around town a lot. one thing ive noticed is since i did it there is a tiny shudder from the back end as you launch from a stop especially on a hill, suspension place said that its common and its ok...has anyone else thats had a lift experienced similar?

Hi Bob

I got EFS suspension fitted a few months ago, with the 300kg springs in the rear. I got that tiny shudder in the rear too just on launch. Was also told it was quite normal. But I don't notice it now.

I just love the look and driveability of the lifted D40!! Only two issues 1. can't fit into to a high rise car park anymore unless it has at least 2.05m clearance and 2. the OME jack is useless for changing the rear tyres especially with the 265/70s fitted. A Hi Lift is needed!

Bosshog

Latest posts

Back