What makes a good UHF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Righteo then. That sounds great. Cheers bods! What antenna do you have? I saw a 3 different ones included in the eBay ones, but can just as easily got something different. Between 3-9 db sounds like the go I think. Good all rounder...?!
Where abouts have you got yours mounted?
Thanks again.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...-Dual-Elevated-Feed-All-Terrain.aspx?pid=4824 this is the antenna I have, it has the short mast for hilly areas and the long one for more open areas. I'll get a pic today, but I mounted it on the side of the gear stick surround, although I have a d22 so you might have somewhere else to put it in a d40, they really are a tiny unit

Here you go
2013-01-02-059.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like a pretty good deal Nakkers although I haven't personally used either that particular Uniden or that particular antenna.

I will say that both that style of remote mic control radio and that style of antenna match my preferences for ease of use.

The longer white fibreglass sticks are too long for in the city and radios with the controls on the radio and no remote head require you to look away from the road to change channels or volume which is at best a nuisance and can be dangerous.

Latest posts

Back