What is the EGR mod?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you cant work out the search function dont bother trying to understand egr mod

Its not really a hard thing to do, just make sure you get a good seal on the blanking plate and dont use something that could melt like a coke can lol

Yeh I have a 2.5 and I've done it. Just remove the two bolts where the EGR pipe (that pipe that runs across the front of the engine) goes into the inlet manifold slip out the gasket , make a new one out of sheet steel the same thickness, slip in back in and she's done.

Pros: engine runs smoother, slight power increase ( noticeable)
Cons: engine breathes heavier ( fit a catch can)

It cant be done on the 2.5 can it?

Even easier to do on the 2.5 than the 3.0 ;) just move the battery first it tends to get in the way, car is noticeably better from idle with it done.

if your not handy with tools chipit sell a properly made up blanking plate for them.

Last edited:
Pros: engine runs smoother, slight power increase ( noticeable)
Cons: engine breathes heavier ( fit a catch can)

I'm not being 'funny' here but how come the engine breathes heavier?

I have done the EGR blank off mod and it has been benificial to the driveability. However wouldn't be that benificial if it's causing more blow by.

Not sure mate, all I know is after I did the mod I got black oily gunk leaking past the clamps on the boost side of the intake piping. Everyone on here says to fit a catchcan, I was just regurgitating information.

Ok thanks mate. A fair answer.
Was after the thieory behind it. I realise it will probably slightly increase combustion temps but can't work out why there is more blow by/c.c. pressure.
I haven't fitted a catch can, maybe I should? I'm worried about having done the mod, all good about not blocking up the intake runners with exhaust carbon but not good if it's going to fill the rest of the induction side and turbo with oily residue. Dont really want to fit a catch can as it's still under warrentee with less than 10,000k's on it. Anything from standard gives them an excuse if somthing goes wrong. Maybe I'm parinoid but I'm even thinking of ripping out the the plate before I put it in for the 10K service.

Didn't even know you had to run a catch can. I have done this mod but no one mentioned the whole catch can bring needed and I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to install one

Maybe I'm parinoid but I'm even thinking of ripping out the the plate before I put it in for the 10K service.

mines been in for 18 mths
serviced by nissan since new
they dont throw a fault code so u should be safe
BU if i was taking it in for any engine issues the plate would come out

thats funny.....when I typed 'EGR mod' in the search...I got 31 results.:confused2:

theres no need to be a smart arse mate as i said my fone dosnt like the search function. and insted of reading thru 30+ different threads with heaps of pages. i asked 1 quick question and i got a quick answer

Latest posts

Back