V9X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrol1949

Reaction score
Hi I was driving the Warrior v9x the other day at 40mph every thing

Was fine then the rpm dropped with a loud woosh of air my first thoughts

Were one of the hoses two or from the intercooler .the next day I went into

My garage to look for a blown hose NO all ok ant tight started up the truck

No noise just normal took it for a hard drive for a long run all still ok .

O yes there no smoke. Any ideas.

Hi
I had a similar thing happen to my V9X - turns out that the cooling fan has decided to engage fully all the time so now very noisy and lower power. I haven't found the cause yet but it is under investigation.

Earlier V9Xs had an intercooler that would expand under pressure, check the tanks on yours just in case.

Also look around the turbocharged air hoses for any black oily emissions, in case there's a not-so-obvious split in one of the hoses or its clamp has come loose.

Harder to check would be the EGR tube, if that develops a hole (has happened on the YD25s, not heard of on the V9X but never say never) you'd lose exhaust pressure prior to the turbo (so you'd also lose boost pressure).

Earlier V9Xs had an intercooler that would expand under pressure, check the tanks on yours just in case.

Also look around the turbocharged air hoses for any black oily emissions, in case there's a not-so-obvious split in one of the hoses or its clamp has come loose.

Harder to check would be the EGR tube, if that develops a hole (has happened on the YD25s, not heard of on the V9X but never say never) you'd lose exhaust pressure prior to the turbo (so you'd also lose boost pressure).
Thanks Old Tony. I am hoping that you are correct as it goes in for intercooler repair in a week or so, not sure if it can be repaired yet but a swap (expensive) if not. I've already had the split hose! Not even 74k miles yet!! Oh yeah the EGR valve has already been swapped out.

Hi
I had a similar thing happen to my V9X - turns out that the cooling fan has decided to engage fully all the time so now very noisy and lower power. I haven't found the cause yet but it is under investigation.
The V9x fan clutch can fail, it just needs replacing, not cheap.

As for the intercooler, it's not repairable. It also needs replacing, don't get a Nissan one as it will fail again. Forefront in Australia make a very good quality welded intercooler, luckily they are available in most countries so you don't have to import it yourself.

The V9x fan clutch can fail, it just needs replacing, not cheap.

As for the intercooler, it's not repairable. It also needs replacing, don't get a Nissan one as it will fail again. Forefront in Australia make a very good quality welded intercooler, luckily they are available in most countries so you don't have to import it yourself.
Yes I bought one from forefront, fully welded and more capacity, had already replaced before with a genuine Nissan one which is just cheap rubbish, only lasted 4 years as the seals are only crimped

Latest posts

Back