Urgent: Is the black colour same as between 2007 and 2009 STX models??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Tonka

Reaction score
I am about to buy a second hand rear right door from a 2009 model D40 to replace the damaged one on my 2007 D40. The donor door is black and my D40 is black but different years. Did Nissan change the colour between these models? I am aware the door shapes are the same but the colour? I hope to confirm asap as I just got the door on hold for me just for couple of days.

I think they were the same from memory but get the paint code off yours and someone here with a black 09 can confirm.

Yeah but check the paint code because there is too many similarities between almost like paints, the code is the only definitive way to tell.

Yeah the UK got a different black too (same code though), that shouldn't effect us here but you never know what happens when cars come off the production line.

Where is the paint code number? I looked all over my truck and only i can find is a plate on bottom of the pillar in between the doors on the left side. Shows build date, VIN number, Seats 5, but no paint code or such? Am i looking at the wrong plate?

Ok where exactly under the bonnet? I couldnt see any metal plate in the engine bay area...

In te hinge area of drivers door on my STX 550, was under the bonnet on firewall passenger side on my Kingcab I think

Yeah I'm fairly sure it's on the passenger side firewall in my 09 too. Either way it can't be hard to find, isn't there a law that it must be on the firewall or somewhere equally as visible?

Otherwise look in your service book, most dealers write important information like that on one of the first few pages.

Thanks guys, I found it, its GNO K 384. It was on a plate in the front pillar between the driver door and body/dash.

"GNO" is black? Who has black navara but different code?

There is bound to be some one here with a black nav newer than yours...bump to the top for people too see.

Back