turbo knowledge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40ryan

Reaction score
how is the turbo set up on the 2.5l td motor, and what brand is the standerd from factory turbo?

is it possible to attach a screamer pipe?

The turbo is a Garrett GT2056V with a VNT (variable geometry) mechanism on the turbine, and doesn't have a separate waste gate. Therefore, you cannot put a screamer on it.

Gotta ask have u ever had a screamer pipe. i have rx7 with one and to be honest you cant drive the thing any where near a town unless you stay under 3500rpm and with that considered it doesnt make full boost till 5500rpm so i imagine in a nav that would see boost very early it would become very annoying very fast. plus if epa catches you say goodbye to ten grand cause thats the going rate for epa fines for screamers :)

3500rpm in a diesel = about 5000rpm in a petrol
boost kicks in around 1500

had a couple blokes wanting to put a blowy in

wish our garret came with ball bearing though

Last edited:
I heard a ford ranger ute go past me one day with a BOV. To my knowledge this cant be done in a diesel? the way they generate boost is different somehow? or they dont generate enough back pressure to warrant having one?

I heard a ford ranger ute go past me one day with a BOV. To my knowledge this cant be done in a diesel? the way they generate boost is different somehow? or they dont generate enough back pressure to warrant having one?

petrol ranger?

you can put bov on a diesel, just need to trigger it differently.

screamer on a diesel ?? you wouldn't make it through town without police hearing it and would drive you nuts in minutes.
petrols can drive off boost or low boost for a long time, diesels don't they are on high boost most of the time.

Latest posts

Back