tub liners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nissan Petrie put in my tubliner last week and although genuine it is buckled where it attaches to front of tray. Is this normal or should Nissan refit with some extra bolts? Would like some feedback and/or pics before I call them. I have posted a pic in my garage a link below.
Cheers

http://www.navara.asia/dto_garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=3112#

dto_garage.php

Last edited:
Spoke to Robert from Petrie Nissan he reckons it probably needs a couple extra screws and want me to bring it in to fix. What do they normally do to prevent rust around these holes? Do they apply a zinc coating or a bit of paint?

Hey mate, I have a tub liner as well but I have the tie down rails and one bar goes across that section which keeps it in place.. Instead of just screws I'd suggest you put a aluminum bar across it to keep it from doing that in heat especially.. Maybe paint it black so it blends in?

That sounds like a better option I have sent an email to Nissan for their opinion. Hopefully they agree as it saves drilling more holes in my tray.

They are going to put in 3 stainless screws evenly spaced. Would not consider the other option. As long as it stops the buckling etc and looks ok I will be a happy man. I will put up a pic.

its probably been put in wrong to begin with, must be getting pinched on the bottom to bow at the top like that.

Since my last post they are trying a different approach. Shall have to wait and see although they do seem to be trying hard to sort it out for me.

There are 4 Stainless bolts that fix in through the front of the tub and the 4 tie down eyelets,
Other than that, that is all there should be.

They sorted it out for me put xtra stainless mounts at front to remove the buckle and also 6 black screws for tail section so It won't come loose (originally glued on).I will set up a link if anyone cares how it looks.

Latest posts

Back