Speedometer not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2008 model Nissan NP300, 2,5TD, D22
The speedometer is not working.
I have tried to change both the speed sensor and the speedometer cluster.

I have checked the sensor and when I use a drill to spin it I measure AC voltage.
I have opened the speedometer cluster and adjusted the speedometer needle. When I plugged back the cable the speedometer needle went down to "0" km/h.
So the speedometer needle seems to work.

I have let the local Nissan dealer check as well and they said that they located the problem to the speedometer cluster, not more specific than that.
But after they said that I have tried another speedometer cluster, without luck.
NP300 1.jpg

NP300 5.jpg

NP300 3.jpg

NP300 4.jpg
NP300 1.jpgNP300 5.jpgNP300 3.jpgNP300 4.jpg

What can be wrong?

I live in Norway

if needle droped and still attemps to move ,cluster could be problem ,or wirring,. Although check that you have the same cluster as original. check both cluster joiners to see if all the wires have the same colour .., extend your tester leads and see if you have continuity and specified resistance on wires from sensor to cluster .could be freyed wire.. try putting an extra earth on cluster speedo earth point ( i created your problem when i replaced just the speed guage with a much earlier model and the wirring was different)

I have opened the speedometer cluster and adjusted the speedometer needle.
how did you do that?
you may have unstuck the needle and the pointer is sliding on the shaft.

btw, try not to call it a np300. that was a euro only name they called D22's to get away from the conrod issue. no one else calls them that. but worse of all np300 is the name of the D23's.
nice to see a king cab D22, we never got those downunder.

Latest posts

Back