Side project - spanner bag

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dion

Reaction score
Last time I was in the US I took advantage of the availability of cheap, relatively good Craftsman tools through Sears. For the price of a set of five ratcheting spanners here, I scored a set of metric ring/ring, open/open and ratcheting spanners from 8mm to 21mm that were made in the USA instead of China. However they didn't come in a nice tote the way Sidchrome stuff does.

Then (randomly... ???) in Dimmeys of all places I picked this up for $5:
toolbag_001.jpg

I got 15ft of thick double layer webbed strap from an op shop for $7, and 2m of elastic from Lincraft for like $6. I bugged my better half to teach me how to use her sewing machine, and knocked this up:

toolbag_002.jpg

toolbag_003.jpg

toolbag_006.jpg

There's plenty of space in there for more stuff, and Sears just started shipping to Australia....

As for the spanners themselves - the rings are good, the opens have their uses and have a good weight and feel, and the ratchets are a bit bulky and have large ratchet angles so they're often neglected in favour of a really nice set of double sided Bahco ratcheting spanners that I got as a generous gift.

I dunno where you get the energy mate, but that looks pretty good.
Sears ship to Aus? Have you ordered anything?

Nice... and a new skill learned. When's the clothing range coming out? :big_smile:

Thanks guys. I haven't ordered anything yet, I only found out on Tuesday. Haha, yeah maybe not a clothing range but I'll be doing up a zippered tarpaulin cover for my friend's trailer winch, and my ute crane.

Hmmm zippered tarps and covers, wont be long before the zippered masks and body suits happen. :ha:

If only I had a Dimmys local, I reckon I could find a few uses for those little sacks.

Maybe when I get back from holidays and see whether my current ideas have worked. But the sack itself with out the great sewing job has a few possibilities in my mind too, just need to find a Dimmy's

Latest posts

Back