Selling the Nav!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stremd22

Reaction score
ok guys the sad time has come to sell the trusty nav, with recent work changes and a few other reasons the dual cab isnt practical anymore so im in the market for a patrol ute!
just chasing up a price on what you think its worth, check out my garage its an 06 str payed 26k 3 years ago with 80 000 on the clock and have spent roughly 4 grand extras on it with a lift, exhaust, uhf, new tyres, rear drawer storage, extra fuel tank ect.. now has around 115 000 on the clock and im thinking $24-25000 is a decent starting price? whats your guys feedback.

Cheers Sam.

Check redbook, carsales and ebay, I'm fairly sure you'll find you'll need to go lower, mods unfortunately aren't worth what you pay for them on the second hand market and good will because it's your pride and joy means nothing to another buyer.

I still find it amusing that guys are buying and selling 5-7 year old navs for around the 25k mark, when with an abn you could have one for 30k. In saying that, it seems they hold their Value quite well, unless your trading it in. Mate just traded his 05 in for 12k and it had 2 sets of 33s, bullbar, winch, 3 inch lift and 2" body lift, exhaust, chip and cooler. Id go with the 25k myself to start, but be happy with 22k or so...

I still find it amusing that guys are buying and selling 5-7 year old navs for around the 25k mark, when with an abn you could have one for 30k. In saying that, it seems they hold their Value quite well, unless your trading it in. Mate just traded his 05 in for 12k and it had 2 sets of 33s, bullbar, winch, 3 inch lift and 2" body lift, exhaust, chip and cooler. Id go with the 25k myself to start, but be happy with 22k or so...

funny you should say mate the car yard i was at yesterday checking out a patrol had an 06 str nav black one 110 000km's so exactly the same as mine but stock no canopy or anything and they were asking 26, i showed the dealer a picture of mine and said ill take 26 for this.. he didnt seem to keen on the idea lol.

I got a 06 silver one the other week with only 63000km for $22500 from a new car dealer in Brisbane, its in mint condition apart from a very small dent on the tailgate which I was just going to get popped out when time allows.

so $25000-26000 your dreaming IMO.

Got my 03duel cab for sale now for 13000. Heaps of mods too. Been advertised for 4weeks and have had zero calls about it. i think you will need to go lower on this

Ha Shit! not looking good then, cheers for the replies fellas.. guess ill just put it up for a while and see if i get any nibbles. may help that im from the country and some one doesnt want to travel to town for a cheaper deal. could also work against me lol.. keep you's posted either way.

I've been trying to sell my 2010 for $28k,with 60 thousand k's on it but had no enquiries. So either the market really sux or no one wants to buy second hand, especially when nissan have written $7k off them in the last 6 months. I can now buy a 2012 plated for $29k drive away!!

I've been trying to sell my 2010 for $28k,with 60 thousand k's on it but had no enquiries. So either the market really sux or no one wants to buy second hand, especially when nissan have written $7k off them in the last 6 months. I can now buy a 2012 plated for $29k drive away!!

New ones are cheap so the second hand market has taken a big hit

try it at like $26000 and see how you go.

We bought our d22 str dual cab 2009 with 42000km for $26000 two years ago. There are a lot on the market for really cheap

At that price I'm better off running it into the ground over the next 12 months and then trading it on a new vehicle.

Go and get a trade in appraisal then you will walk away quite surprised....

ie: don't expect more then $20000 for it if your lucky.

I have had 3 D22's in the last few years so I am just being honest with you so try not to take it personally.

Go and get a trade in appraisal then you will walk away quite surprised....

ie: don't expect more then $20000 for it if your lucky.

I have had 3 D22's in the last few years so I am just being honest with you so try not to take it personally.

I fully understand that, but at least i'll be able to write more value off with tax, so I wont care as much. Trading a vehicle in is all about trying to get the dealer to compromise on the new vehicle costs, thats all.

Got a bit of interest today from a bloke who's keen to take of with his misses in a van, asked how it tows and i said yea will tow your van sweet! (i've never towed a van since ive had it, bit of salesman pitching coming out in me lol) he seems genuine, wants to hook it up and go for a spin so see how it goes. also he was stoked the rear storage system i made up so fingers crossed.. really if he offers anything around 22 its sold! less than that i will be humming and harring.. hope his not trolling this website ha..

yea tows the work trailer loaded up with tools, generaters ect pretty sweetly but the shape of his van would be the biggest factor.. have yet to see it.

really if he offers anything around 22 its sold! less than that i will be humming and harring.. hope his not trolling this website ha..

At least if he is, he will know what he has to offer to get it and you'll get it sold regardless.

Latest posts

Back