Rust top windscreen

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other thread appears to be in the wrong section anyway because the same poster is above saying it's an STX so it doesn't matter.

I have small rust spots forming on the top of my windscreen. I pretty much put it down to poor design as the roofline sits proud above the windscreen and gives it a good leading edge for stone chips.

With the paint fix ... for those of you who have canopy was it removed and the whole roof re-painted?? My Dec 06 STX is showing the flaking paint above the windscreen and in the roof channels. Will have to see what Nissan have to say when the look at it. :(

Not much follow up here to indicate if Nissan came good or not.
I had a 2000 pulsar with roof paint issues. The f@#kn clown Nissan sent to "assess" it said, " You didn't buy a Rolls Royce."
Well they painted it, and gave me some lollies to replace the dummy I spat.
Nothing is "OUT OF WARRANTY" if THEY built it that way and it's not "FIT FOR PURPOSE." Read consumer laws on the web, I forget the link now.

Geez it definitely is luck of the draw, I've had a 98 Pulsar, a 2000 Pulsar a 2002 Pulsar which I gave mum and she's still driving and now a Nav all of which people seem to have paint issues with and none of mine have suffered.

But you're right under the right circumstances nothing is "Out of Warranty". They aren't quite Lemon Laws and I'd have to dig through some serious crap in the filing cabinet at the farm to find the information but the dates of warranty are not the be all and end all of warranty when an issue can be proven to be a fault of the original manufacturer, and you need neither money or a history of the problem to claim.

We nearly followed a similar path with the Kubota earlier this year when their own mechanics said that our gear box fault and subsequent $8K repair bill could have been claimed despite the tractor being 8 months out of warranty. The local dealership pointed us in the right direction for the claim and gave us the heads up on the applicable laws and they apply to all purchases not just cars which is why they probably don't fit into the same category as the "lemon laws" so many people refer to.

In the end for our own reasons we decided not to pursue the claim but the laws do exist and they exist to protect goods that may be deemed out of warranty by the manufacturer.

yeah mate they are known for it i have a 2007 stx and it rusted above the windscreen within a year from buying it new and know of at least 4 others doing the same around the same build time, even my mates 2007 pathfinder rusted up in the tailgate.i got it fixed through warranty, but they tried to blame stone chips for starters,which their was none of.

Nissan got back to me today, The roof is going to be re-sprayed under warranty.

From the sound of it ( reading between the lines ) it was only covered cause I have an extended warranty.

But I'm just glad it is gettign fixed.

Latest posts

Back