Power Loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike4x4

Reaction score
I started my navara up this morning and as soon as i took off i noticed power loss. It wasnt limp mode, i could get full revs but it felt like the turbo wasnt working.

I ran the diagnostic procedure and displayed 10 slow flashes followed by 10 x 3 fast flashes.

Does anyone know what this error code is?

Last edited:
Can't recognise the codes Mike - in a D40 there should be two groups of 4 flashes separated by a pause of 1.8 seconds. Do you have access to a Scangauge device, or someone with a bluetooth adapter and some Torque software? That might not work in every model - the older model vehicles didn't run OBD-II. What model car do you have?

Dropped the car in at the mechanics, they have found no faults using the machine and changed the fuel filters, but did not fix the problem.

THey are slowly narrowing it down so got to wait till tomorrow.

Could it be the turbo actuator? Some of the 2010/2011 ST D40s had issues with their actuators, and others have reported faults with the vacuum lines causing problems with the vane control resulting in a loss of power. The ECU doesn't pick up on these faults all the time, it takes an eye to watch the actuator and see that it's responding as expected.

Mine lost turbo boost. Dealer changed the actuator solinoid and all good. 08 D40. I had no lights or limp mode just full revs and no power

mine has warranty so free. If you look at the top of the turbo you see the actuator rod comes out vertical. Then there is a vaccum line to the diaphram ontop of it. Follow that vac line down to the solinoid. Take the vac line off the sol and suck on it. It will lift the actuator rod if the vac line is ok. That only elimnates the vac line. But its a start.

my mrs is away in ours and has done it for the first time, no chance of warranty 06 build and 230,000km. she has checked and got the codes up 21 and 27. im at work so can anyone tell me what they are . thanks.

$380 which included the diagnostic test to find the problem. Bit pricey but glad its fixed, it was driving me nuts.

Latest posts

Back