Pixs rear bar with tyre carrier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey rook, yes two will fit, I wouldn't try fit two 35s but two 32s would. I was considering putting on a Jerry holder but because I want a 2nd diesel tank I figured it'd be useless.

The tow bar area is 100x75x3.5 with a 10mm back plate for tow bar. And the wings are 75x50x3. It's a very basic design which is what I wanted, simple yet functional.

excellent.

how do you find it with the tire on the leaf compared to the most vehicles having the spare on the right ?

Well I put it on the left incase I have to do anything on a roadside or narrow shoulder and didn't want my spare swinging out into traffic. I can still see enough out the rear view and my blind spot. I was thinking of putting a reverse camera on it.

I've also just moved the number plate into the centre of the spare, with a light. I'll post pics when I'm not at work.

Nice work Pix that looks really good and a nice simple design. I been tossing up what best way to do a rear bar and this seems to look pretty good. Have you used the rear recovery point yet? And have you used it to tow with?

Cheers bart

Hi Bart, haven't recovered from it yet, but I've towed a camper trailer around with it. I need to get a drop hitch to tow a normal trailer around, it'll come in time. It's more reinforced than the standard tow bar, I did it for piece of mind.

oh ok, just been looking into different rar bar ideas as i want to eventually get rid of that chrome rear bar, but want to make sure i can still use my d22 to tow, recover from, increase depature angle plus have a swing away spare tyre carrier or 2.

what sort of led tail lights are you thinking of? like the thin line led lights? or circular led taillights?

If you want to give this a crack, or have a metal shop do one for you I can flick some measurements, it's easy to make it with a double swing away.

I was thinking of just flat square ones one the outer areas. Just for those non alert drivers of the ACT I'm use to. Just because my left tail light is partially obscured by the tyre. I dunno if I just want more lights in my mind or if I actually need to...

hey pix if you dont mind measurements or a bit of a plan would be great thanks mate i was gunna do something similar with pipe ends but this looks just as good and easy

Hey mate, I've been run ragged at work, I'm off tomorrow so I'll measure up everything and post it for you. Cheers

Sorry it's been so long guys, anytime I haven't been at work I've been out in the Nav or playing with my new hayabusa motorbike. Here is a rough pic with some measurements...

Attachments

• image-2830000042.jpg
    image-2830000042.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 259
Hey guys, was talking with the welder who helped me with the tow bar and stuff on this and he says that between us we could knock these up, with two swing arms for around $1200. Just seeing if anyone is interested at all?

Hey guys, was talking with the welder who helped me with the tow bar and stuff on this and he says that between us we could knock these up, with two swing arms for around $1200. Just seeing if anyone is interested at all?

I would be, but I've got other higher priorities on my list b4 I look at buying one..... want to get a front bar 1st

I would be interested. But my vehicle is also
Body lifted. Mainly want to do this to free up space. Would only require a single holder ATM
Though.

Latest posts

Back