New ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats - I ordered mine first week in December, i am being told i will be lucky to have it this month(feb). I hate waiting. When i make a decision - i want it....:angry:

Hi Guys,

Anyone know / heard anymore inside information about the new ST D40 Navara other than what's available on the Nissan Website ?

It's a new variant (and priced a few grand cheaper for mostly the same spec) of the D40 now manufactured in Thailand as opposed to the Spanish build ST-X.

I'm looking at upgrading now that the lease is due but not sure given the change in build location and whether there may be introduced quality issues.

There are some obvious changes which show where they have saved some money on the build but nothing that I see is major.

I've heard it may even be a slightly different chassis ? (If you look at the detailed specs on the Nissan website there are some details that are slightly different. Heights, lengths etc.)

Hi Guys,

Anyone know / heard anymore inside information about the new ST D40 Navara other than what's available on the Nissan Website ?

It's a new variant (and priced a few grand cheaper for mostly the same spec) of the D40 now manufactured in Thailand as opposed to the Spanish build ST-X.

I'm looking at upgrading now that the lease is due but not sure given the change in build location and whether there may be introduced quality issues.

There are some obvious changes which show where they have saved some money on the build but nothing that I see is major.

I've heard it may even be a slightly different chassis ? (If you look at the detailed specs on the Nissan website there are some details that are slightly different. Heights, lengths etc.)

Nearly every other dual cab ute is made in Thailand, I wouldn't be worried about build quality, I think their cheaper because of the free trade agreement we have, and of course labour costs.
The King cab definitely has a different chassis, but I'm not sure about the dual cabs, will be interesting to see how much different they are.

Last edited:
Nearly every other dual cab ute is made in Thailand, I wouldn't be worried about build quality, I think their cheaper because of the free trade agreement we have, and of course labour costs.
The King cab definitely has a different chassis, but I'm not sure about the dual cabs, will be interesting to see how much different they are.

The price difference is over 3K which is not insignificant.

I have had mine for just under a month now, and just had a ARB Sahara Bar with 2x Hella 4000 fitted. Looks pretty good if I say so myself.

took it hunting out past Stanthorpe over the Oz day long weekend and blew out the cobwebs a bit on some good tracks out there and was generally very happy with the car still a little dissapointed with the fuel economy as I was expecting a bit more from the Diesel after driving 4L V6 for 4 years.

will try and get some pics on here for all to see.

Once she loosens up you will get better power and economy,put 30-40000 ks on it and you wont beleive it's the same vehicle.

just bought a new ST.
for some parts they keep talking about the build location
why is this important and how do you know what the build location is?
if it makes any difference the VIN starts with MNTVCUD
Thanks
Neil

Latest posts

Back