Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukin05

Reaction score
Hi , I have just purchased a D40 ST-X 2.5TD 6 speed manual. I am new to the TD thing, the 4x4 thing and also to nissan so have a lot to learn.

First thing to do will be upgrade the factory head unit so i can atleast use my ipod.

If anyone has a hard lid to suit a dual cab D40 let me know.

Cheers
Brad

Welcome to the forums Lukin05.

An ipod connects to the standard head unit in the ST-X, you can't do much more than control the volume but it will connect easily enough.

There is one in the glove box on mine, dealer even made a big point of showing it too me and telling me he provided the 3.5mm jack to connect it to my mp3/ipod. He also said don't loose it as they are hard to replace but that only because I'm sure he's never heard of a place called Jaycar.

I don't believe there is a jack to stupid ipod proprietary plug which means any ipod control is out of the question but the jack to jack plugged through the ipod's headphone socket works adequately and the volume can be controlled via the head unit

Yeah mine is in the glove box, stupid place I know.

I got a spare cable from Tandy, they even come in different lengths because the nissan supplied one was so short I could hardly change songs while driving.

Mine was the same but since I only use it while the missus is in the car it's not a huge issue to me. I'd really love to see how much Nissan would charge for such an item given that I'd reckon the likes of Jaycar etc wouldn't charge much more than $10.

no sign of any connection in the glove box. Makes no mention of it on the owners manual either. Mine is a 12/06 model so maybe it was introduced later on. I will pull the standard HU out and see if there is a 3.5mm auxiliary in connection on the back of it. Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers
Brad

Oh if you said it was an 06 at the start that would have made a difference, since you said you had just purchased it I figured it was a new car and the new models come with it as standard

Latest posts

Back