New member in WA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben

Reaction score
How ya going? I've only just recently joined. although not really that new to 4wding.

I currently own a 'Lux, but have basically been told it needs to go, as the boss lady has deemed it unsuitable for potential rugrats to travel in (I think the final straw was overheating up Toodyay hill).

Anyway looking at getting a D22 When finances permit, which encouraged me to join this forum and asking is the 3.0L or 2.5L better? mostly going to be used for touring/ shooting/ with a bit of weekend work thrown in for laughs.

Anyway looks like a good site, hope to have a few laughs.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben Welcome to the Navara club, I have only been on for 2 months myself, live on the Sunny coast Qld have an older Nav but good jigger 1997 4x4 dual cab d22 with a 3.2 diesel, only had it 4 months, but very pleased with it so far, you can see it in Gallery, I hope you get what you want with your Nissan. Cheers Robbo.

gday from WA...

cant personally comment on the 3.0L but owners of em that have driven mine have been impressed with the smaller motor... they couldn't say one was better then the other but said mine felt a little more agile in the sand (it was a stocker with 1000km's on the clock back then) the only difference they noticed was turbo sound or lack of it with the variable turbo on the 2.5....
i'd go a brand spanker 2.5cr with ABN (if possible) damn good bus for the price! AND new car warranty....

good luck!

turbo sound or lack of it with the variable turbo on the 2.5....

haha, another person who was tricked into the variable turbo hype!

sorry mate, but i was the first person here to discover and confirm that the D22 model which was advertised with a variable turbo, has a standard turbo...

only the D40 model has a variable turbo.

haha, you learn something new every day! :p

haha, another person who was tricked into the variable turbo hype!

sorry mate, but i was the first person here to discover and confirm that the D22 model which was advertised with a variable turbo, has a standard turbo...

only the D40 model has a variable turbo.

haha, you learn something new every day! :p

why is it u dont hear it spool like the 3.0L's then?
my info was an assumption on specs rather then an educated response.... thanks for the correction...
....now i can play with the turbo for the fear of VNT is gone!

i believe you dont hear the spooling sound because of the way the intake airbox is setup.

i've run a straight POD filter from the turbo, not the best for it, but it had a hell of a spool noise!

i've also put the POD filter into the stock airbox and noticed no performance gain and i could barely hear the spool.

thus my conclusion that the air box seems to deaden much of the intake air noise seems fairly feasible.

and yeah, i was pretty annoyed when i found out it wasnt a variable turbo as that one of the main key features of the navara d22

Hey mate. Just got one of the new D22 ST-R's, 2.5L CR intercooled turbo diesel.

Totally in love with it, got more power than I need, very comfortable to drive.

Scored it for $36k new drive-away, with tinting, towbar and soft tonneau thrown in.

Hope you find something that suits you dude!

The mrs is a keeper telling you to get rid of the Hilux.

I have a ZD30 powered D22 and it does everything I need. Pretty good economy aswell.

Mine uses 9.5L/100km's pretty much all the time.

Worse I have seen it was 14L/100kms towing 3.5T (Most over engineered car trailer 2T empty and a EH sedan on the back). Didn't realise how heavy the trailer was till I got home.

Dave.

I had a 3.0L D22 for 4 years (from brand new) and drove the new 2.5L D22's when deciding between a new D22 or D40. The 3.0L D22 is noticeably more powerful (and doesn't need as much revving to get her going either).

Similarly with the D40, even though it has a lot more power beyond 2000rpm, getting it off the line is more difficult (and slower until into 2nd and over 2000rpm).

Either way, the D22 is a great vehicle and you couldn't go wrong. I had 4 years, 160,000Km of trouble free motoring (2006 model D22 - Series 2) ... daily driver and many trips (if you get a second hand one, finding one with the suspension upgraded makes a good improvement).

Welcome mate, if u need any convincing, come along on the next wa trip and I guarantee you'll be impressed with either d22!

yeah, they're a good car, too bad mine aint 4x4, sigh...didn't stop me from mundaring though, lmao

seen a fair few of the new navs hit mundaring, and they do pretty well!

Thanks for the warm welcome, was a bit apprehensive about being another brand owner to begin with... at this stage it looks like I might have to wait until the end of the year, maybe begining of next year before I can get one now... bugger looking forward to it though, have to just hold on to the bunky for a bit longer.

Thanks for the warm welcome, was a bit apprehensive about being another brand owner to begin with... at this stage it looks like I might have to wait until the end of the year, maybe begining of next year before I can get one now... bugger looking forward to it though, have to just hold on to the bunky for a bit longer.

ahh yeah, i remember mine got ordered in around feb i think, didnt receive til sept...

in the end, its SO WORTH IT :p

Latest posts

Back