My Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so not a charge problem. Well I guess full deep cycle, maybe throw in a solar panel or two. You should be able to fit a 130amp hour in there. Or remove the box and put the biggest you can afford in place!

At the moment I have a N70ZZ size ACDelco hcm31SMF Which is meant to be the choice of batteries but I don't know if it is because I've drained it flat top many times or if its because its the wrong battery for what I'm using it for, I left it on charge for a a full 24hrs and it still not picking up that its charged...

Ill measure out what I can fit in the back and go from there, Any brand in particular?

Opium yellow top are good but not really want you need as they don't have much in the way of amp hours. So I've been told red back and thumper are good brands, never used full deep cycle batteries before.

Personal opinion, go the full deep cycle. I run a 100ah in the back and have rewired most of the car to draw from that. The only things that run off the starter battery is the ignition and the radio. Fleabay has some good deals on them. Managed to pick up the 100ah for $240 delivered and just recently bought a 130ah for the camper trailer which came with a 6 stage 8amp battery charger delivered to $330. Both AGM SEALED.

What type of isolator setup will you run?

What type of isolator setup will you run?

I run the ctek d250s and that's it...?

240amp hours should give you weeks of power

I have no more room for more batteries haha I think I'm going to go century batteries like THIS only because I can get them really cheap from a mate who's has an account with them.

But if I ca im looking at THIS! :rock:

Is it easy to remove , I need to have something that's easily removed , I've looked at them , getting the track mounts fitted tomorrow when the trucks being serviced

Great buildup you have there mate. You have got me all inspired. They can defiantly consume some coin can't they. With your battery in the rear have you ran an earth lead from the tray to the chassis because the earth of the tub is pretty poor.
Keep the updates coming. Cheers

Do you have a smart alt fitted??

That's a good question, From reading the other thread I may have as my charge stays at 14V on from battery.

Great buildup you have there mate. You have got me all inspired. They can defiantly consume some coin can't they. With your battery in the rear have you ran an earth lead from the tray to the chassis because the earth of the tub is pretty poor.
Keep the updates coming. Cheers

Thanks mate, yer they sure do but to be honest I've only spent around the 10k figure as I've fitted everything myself which has saved me going any higher!

As for the battery I have ran my earth strap back to bare metal on the chassis and pick up from one of the rear bar bolts.

Yeah mate you need that earth. My fridge wouldn't run with the engine off untill I added the earth. Now it will run for about two days at -15 in summer. That's a 80l Waeco.

hey gunnings.. when you get a chance, could you please take photo of your rear bar how it's bolted on to chassis?
i want to see how much protection it will give me under back of the tray.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back