My new Navara D22 DX TD...and some modding questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent009

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday I just purchased a 2002 Nissan Navara D22 DX Turbo Diesel (5 speed Manual) privately for $9000. Obviously not the newest vehicle going around these forums but I was on a strict budget and I'm pretty stoked with that price.

The guy I bought it off used it as a work vehicle and it is absolute stock standard with no mods whatsoever (doesnt even have a bullbar or rear bumper). It has never been in the beach, mud or bush and hasn't been used for 4wding whatsoever. And it's only done 180,000kms. It looks very tidy and I'm very happy with the purchase.

I now want to do a few mods to it, the main ones being:

- Snorkel
- 2 inch suspension lift
- 2 inch body lift
- 31/32/33 muddies
- Bullbar
- Rear Bumper Bar
- Spotties
- Sports Bar
- 3 inch straight through exhaust with dump pipe

I have a few questions I'm hoping this lovely community can help me with:

1. In regards to the above, do I need to be cautious on the order I perform any of this in? ie. do certain things have to happen before something else to make things easier?

2. Is the 2 inch body lift worth it? I won't be doing this myself so can any mechanic do this and is there a special part which has to be ordered for my vehicle? I'll probably go to ARB for suspension lift, do they also do body lifts?

3. Whats the general concensus on rear Sports Bars? Do they look good or bad? I think I like them just from a looks perspective.

4. Can anyone recommend any good 4x4 mechanics in the Ipswich/Brisbane area? This is my first 4x4 so I'm not too sure to be honest.

5. Finally, I don't know squat when it comes to cars and installing things. I'd much rather just pay someone to install things. Where possible, I'll be trying to buy a lot of these things off ebay or gumtree if I get lucky (snorkel, bullbar, rear bumper bar, sports bar etc) and then going to someone to install. Hopefully save some money that way as I'm still on a budget. Do fitters/mechanics like people bringing their own parts...I imagine this would be ok?

Anyway thanks for your time and I'll post pics when I start doing some things.

Cheers!!!

Agent009

You could easily spend another 9k with that list of mods first thing you need to do is change ALL the fluids then think about what you intend to use the car for before putting all those goodies on big tyres like you want will rob you of power and economy you will then be looking at chips ect

A good recovery kit would be the first thing to buy then add to your purchase to suit where you go as for mechanics it's the luck of the draw if you do not know them well they will cause you grief build up a relationship with one that you trust but at the end of the day just add things to the rig that you will use.

you can pretty much do it in whatever order you want with the exception of fitting bigger tyres, its going to be illegal to fit anything bigger than about a 31" tyre to a DX (QLD its +50mm on a light truck) however thats not to say we don't all go over that :wink:

if you want 33"s you will need a body lift and suspension lift, give Zordo a ring (our forum suspension guru) he's in brisbane and get you everything you need.

apart from that go for your life welcome to the forum ect.

Long list all I recommend is do suspension last so you know what the weight is of the truck.
Your truck will need engineering in the end.

And welcome

Latest posts

Back