Mounting Fridge in rear???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will

Reaction score
Since ive had my 40L engel, ive had trouoble with mounting it securely in the back. I can get it in but it looks messy and not as secure as i'd like it.

does anyone have an idea how i can mount it securely into the back without drilling through the liner. i must stress this point, i do not want any holes in the rear.

i have been thinking of getting a piece of ply or MDF and cut it to fit within the rear, covering the entire floor and screwing a fridge slide to that. maybe with some brackets from the tiedowns to secure it and friction fitting with the gate. even thought of screwing something like a hose underneath for a bit of shock absorbtion / tighter fitting along edges etc.

dunno, anyone have any ideas? maybe photos of your own mounting for ideas.

I made a fridge slide that I mounted with turn buckles to tie down points, put a bar across the front to pick up the front turn buckles, the fridge slides out past the end of the tray.

I made a fridge slide that I mounted with turn buckles to tie down points, put a bar across the front to pick up the front turn buckles, the fridge slides out past the end of the tray.[/QUOTE

any chance of a photo?

I did what you suggested. 15mm plywood cut to fit in the base of the ute tub. It is in 3 pieces as with the canopy on it is impossible to get a whole sheet in there. I then screwed my engle fridge slide into the ply and I'm done. If there is nothing else in the tray and the fridge is full it seems to tilt forward a bit when I fully extend the slide. It was kind of a rushed idea just before I went to the cape a couple of weeks ago. After doing the trip I will be constructing something more substantial that will bolt into the original holes and have some sort of drawer system incorporated.

I too have done the 16mm MDF false floor but i am still wanting to figure out a better way to secure the fridge in without the false floor and without drilling holes in the tub. Someone out there must have a clever solution?

Whats wrong with drilling holes in the tub? It's just a tub FFS, pick up a new one for $300 on Feebay!.

I'd love to help you but I don't need to secure mine mainly due to not needing the fridge when off road, even around the cow paddocks a few months ago while fencing I didn't bother securing it. If it ever need securing I'd just use the cleats and track that came with the ute and a cargo strap around the fridge

Whats wrong with drilling holes in the tub? It's just a tub FFS, pick up a new one for $300 on Feebay!.

Because it isn't really that handy to have holes in the floor when I'm carrying a load of dirt or sand. I use the vehicle as a ute aswell as for touring.

I bolted 2 low-profile stainless steel D-thingies in the troughs of the tray's ribbing. I want to call them cleats but there not, there just D-shaped hoops i suppose. Got them from a marine shop

There low-profile enough that when bolted in the trough their shorter than the ribbing crests so if your sliding in a load it wont get hung up on them.

I then tie the fridge down with straps threaded though them. Turn buckles would prob work as well

There always in, so the tub isn't a sieve either

I did what you suggested. 15mm plywood cut to fit in the base of the ute tub. I then screwed my engle fridge slide into the ply and I'm done. If there is nothing else in the tray and the fridge is full it seems to tilt forward a bit when I fully extend the slide.

Does it move around when driving or going over bumps etc? the Nav is pretty bouncy back there, don't fancy the fridge coming adrift.:nono:

yeah, in Queensland, in Adelaide they are about $1200, plus i don't want holes in the liner. i hose it out from time to time.:dancing1:

Latest posts

Back